Presbyterian College Athletics
Blue Hose Basketball Takes Show on the Road
The Presbyterian College men's basketball team will look to capitalize on its season-opening win agains Furman when it travels to Greensboro, Monday, Nov. 14, to take on the UNCG Spartans. The game will tip at 7:30 p.m., and wil lair live on ESPN3
The link to access the ESPN3 contest: http://es.pn/2f9AeWS
- PC earned its first win over Furman in three tries, with a 73-71 decision in the season opener for both teams Friday, Nov. 11 ... Reggie Dillard scored the go-ahead basket with three seconds remaining and the Blue Hose hung on as Furman’s game-tying shot bounced off the rim as time expired, giving the Presbyterian College men’s basketball team the dramatic win ...
- The win over Furman marked the first time since 2011 that PC has won its season-opener, and just the second time since moving to Division I ... Keep in mind, PC has played just two opening games at home - Furman this season and Montreat in 2011, both wins - The remaining road games have included Furman (2015) Duke twice (2014/2008), Georgia Tech (2013), Clemson twice (2012/2009), Vanderbilt (2010), and Nebraska (2007) …
- Davon Bell, earning his 20th career start, scored double-digits for the first time, recording a career-high 15 points … He averaged 2.7 points and 15.5 minutes per game last season …
- The freshmen combination of Jo'Vontae Millner and J.C. Younger made quite the impact in the season-opener with the duo scoring 17 and 15 points, respectively ... Younger, led the team in rebounds with eight, scored nine of his points on a three-for-four effort from beyond the three-point arc …
- Despite losing 47.9% of their scoring from last season, the 73 points scored by the Blue Hose against Furman was more than all by six games last season and with two points of two of those ... The 73 points during the 2015-16 season would have beaten 14 teams and tied four others.
Series Record Against UNCG
12/3/13, 87-66, W, A
12/6/14, 55-53, W, H