• Who: Presbyterian (9-10) vs. Army (6-10)
• When: Friday – 3 p.m. | Saturday – 2 p.m. | Sunday – 11 a.m.
• Where: PC Baseball Complex – Clinton, S.C.
• Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
• Social Media – @PresbyterianBSB (Twitter) | @BlueHoseSports (Twitter/Instagram)
Series History (since 2008)
• Overall - First Meeting
• PC has played 10 one-run games on the season with 13 games total decided by three runs or less.
• The Blue Hose host Army in just its second home weekend series of the year, after taking two of three against Stony Brook in the other.
• PC leads the Big South in hits with 167 on the year, while also leading the league in fielding percentage at .972.
• The Black Knights sit at 6-10 on the year in the midst of a 19-game road stretch to start the season. Each of their last 12 games has been played in either North Carolina or Georgia, including a series at fellow Big South foe High Point.
• Army has struggled at the plate to date, recording just a .222 batting average as a team with only 65 runs in 16 games, an average of just over four runs per game. They are led by Kris Linder with a .309 average and six doubles, while Alex Dickerson has a team-high 12 RBIs.
• On the mound, the Black Knights have compiled a 4.47 ERA, allowing 68 earned runs in 137.0 innings, and held opposing to just a .241 average on the season.
Guimbarda Named Big South Player of the Week
• Nick Guimbarda was named Big South Player of the Week by the league on Monday. The Blue Hose outfielder went 9-for-18 (.500) with four doubles, three runs and seven RBIs.
• The lefty outfielder has started all but one game for PC, batting .349 with a team-high seven doubles and 12 RBIs. The seven doubles ranks second in the Big South.
• Guimbarda has drawn eight walks, leading to a .417 on-base percentage, second-best on the squad.
• He also has stolen four bases and recorded four sac bunts.
Close Games the Norm
• PC has already played 10 one-run games with three others decided by three runs in its first 19 games of the year. The Blue Hose are 6-4 in one-run games wiith an 8-5 record in all games decided three runs or less.
• In the one-run games, the Blue Hose have totaled a .268 batting aveage with 29 extra-base hits in those games.
• The bullpen has been one key for PC in one-run games, going 3-2 with a 2.89 ERA, allowing nine earned runs in 28.0 innings pitched in the close ones.
Priaulx Leading the Team
• AJ Priaulx is off to a hot start this season, leading the team with a .379 average, 13 RBIs and a .561 slugging percentage.
• Priaulx had his 10-game hitting streak snapped on Wednesday at Georgia. During the streak, Priaulx recorded six multi-hit games and drove in or scored at least one run eight of the 10 games, including three multi-RBI games.
• The lefty managed four doubles, a triple and a home run during the 10 games, while raising his average to .410 at the time.
• Priaulx enters play this weekend second in the Big South in hits with 25 and third in batting average at .379. He also ranks in the top 10 in the league in RBIs (13), total bases (37), on-base pct. (.431) and slugging pct. (.561).
Offense Well Balanced
• The PC offense continues to prove well balanced. AJ Priaulx leads the team with 25 hits, while Nick Guimbarda is second with 22 and Tyler Weyenberg is third with 21.
• Much is also the case in the run and RBI categories. Nick Wise has scored 15 times with Weyenberg second with 13 runs and Priaulx third, touching home 10 times. Priaulx and Guimbarda lead the team with 13 and 12 RBIs, respectively, while Brett Auckland has 10 RBIs.
• The team is batting .263 through 19 games with 33 doubles and seven home runs to go with 17 stolen bases and 17 sacrifice bunts. PC currently leads the Big South in hits with 167 this season.
Avery Swiping Bases, Dropping Bunts
• Senior Cletis Avery has stolen nine bases on the season to lead the team and rank second in the Big South in that category. Only Campbell’s Drew Butler, who leads the nation with 17 stolen bases, has managed more.
• Avery enters the weekend 16th in the country in stolen bases and is currently averaging just under one SB every two games at his current pace.
• The senior second baseman also leads the team and the Big South in sacrifice bunts this season with five sac bunts to date. He ranks ninth nationally in that category as well
• The senior had reached base in every game this season, 18 straight, before failing to do so at Georgia on Wednesday. He has collected at least one hit in 14 of the 19 games on the year.
Auckland, Wise Homer at Georgia
• PC got its first multi-homer game of the season on Wednesday with home runs from Nick Wise and Brett Auckland. The Blue Hose totaled six games with at least two home runs a year ago.
• Wise hit a second-inning grand slam to give PC the early lead. It was the first grand slam of the year by PC and the first since Peter Johnson hit one at NC A&T last season. Wise is now tied for the team lead this season with two.
• Auckland followed with a round tripper later in the game, hitting a two-run shot down the right field line for his first homer of the year.
• Six of PC’s seven home runs this season have come off the bat of left-handed batters, with Andrew Bladt’s three-run home run last week as the lone long ball for a righty.