CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College football will host The Citadel on Saturday in a game that has been relocated from Charleston due to the impending threat of Hurricane Irma. Kickoff is now slated for noon at Bailey Memorial Stadium in Clinton, S.C.
Who: Presbyterian vs. The Citadel
When: Saturday, September 9 – Noon
Where: Bailey Memorial Stadium
Watch: Big South Network
Listen: Sunny 103.5 FM / Fox Sports 1400 AM / WPCC 1410 AM (Ryan Clary, John Orck)
Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
Social Media: @BlueHoseFtball (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
All proceeds from Saturday’s game will be donated to the Red Cross.
Blue Hose Now Host The Citadel
- Presbyterian will now host The Citadel on Saturday, as the game was forced to be moved due to the impending threat of Hurricane Irma. It will be the first meeting between the two in Clinton since 1937.
- The Bulldogs hold a sizeable advantage in the all-time series and have won the last 11 meetings heading in to Saturday.
- The last PC victory in the series came in 1979, a 21-13 win in Charleston.
- The two first met on the gridiron in 1915 and played with regularity until the late 80s.
Last Time Out
- Presbyterian fell to Wake Forest in the season opener for both teams on Thursday night in Winston-Salem, N.C.
- PC managed 207 rushing yards in the contest, giving it 404 on the ground over its last two games dating to last season.
- Freshman running back Mark Robinson scored the first PC points of the season with a fourth quarter touchdown, the first of his career as well.
- Defensive back Rock Ya-Sin recorded the first takeaway of the year with an interception in the fourth quarter, the first of his career, while KJ Presley recorded his first career sack for the first PC sack of the season.
Marable Shines in Collegiate Debut
- Freshman running back Torrance Marable proved a standout for the Blue Hose in week one, his collegiate debut.
- The rookie rushed for a Big South-leading 162 yards on 16 carries for 10.1 yards per carry. It was the fifth-most rushing yards by an FCS player in week one.
- It was the most rushing yards by a PC running back since 2015 when Darrell Bridges rushed for 186 yards against Coastal Carolina.
- It is also the most rushing yards for a PC running back against an FBS opponent in PC’s Division I era.
Other Notables from Week One
- Cornerback Rock Ya-Sin recorded his first career interception in the fourth quarter of Thursday’s game, PC’s first takeaway of the season. The junior added six tackles in the contest, including a tackle for loss.
- Freshman running back Mark Robinson scored the first PC touchdown of the season on a 14-yard run in the fourth quarter against Wake Forest. The score came in his collegiate debut, as he rushed for 32 yards on seven carries.
- Redshirt freshman KJ Presley came away with his first career sack on Thursday night for the first PC sack of the season.
- Presley was one of five PC players to make their first career start in the season opener, along side Michael Branch, Dirk Cureton, Marquise Inabinet and Torrance Marable.
- A total of 15 PC players made their collegiate debuts on Thursday, including starters Cureton, Marable and Presley.
PC Renews Two In-State Series
- The 2016 schedule features a pair of in-state foes as PC will take on both The Citadel and Wofford in 2017.
- The Blue Hose will face the Bulldogs for the first time since 2010, while they will face the Terriers for the first time since 2013.
- PC and Wofford have a long history on the gridiron with 83 previous meetings. The series is currently tied at 40-40-3. Wofford comes to Clinton for the first time since 2011.
- PC and The Citadel have met 62 times on the gridiron but just twice since the Blue Hose moved to Division I, both coming in Charleston.
Good to be Home
- PC is now slated to play eight home games in 2017, the most ever in the program’s history. The home-heavy schedule follows the 2016 season in which PC played just four home games.
- The slate includes a seven-game homestand with the first six played on consecutive weeks, beginning Sept. 9 against the Citadel in a game moved from Charleston due to Hurricane Irma. PC’s open date comes on Oct. 21 before capping off the homestand against Big South foe Kennesaw State on Oct. 28.
- The Blue Hose were slated to open the season with a pair of road games in the Carolinas. They made a trip to Wake Forest (Winston-Salem, N.C.) and were scheduled to travel to The Citadel (Charleston, S.C.).
- Due to the schedule change, PC will go 65 days between road games (Aug. 31 - Nov. 4).
- PC will play just two games outside the Carolinas, traveling to Monmouth on Nov. 4 and Liberty on Nov. 11.