Clinton, S.C. – The Presbyterian College women’s basketball team takes to the road to face the Campbell Camels on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. in Gore Arena.
Who: Presbyterian (8-15, 5-7 BSC) at Campbell (12-11, 5-7 BSC)
When: Tuesday, February 13 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Buies Creek, N.C. – Gore Arena (4,000)
Watch: Big South Network
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB
Last Time Out
- Presbyterian is coming off a 75-60 loss vs Longwood on Saturday afternoon. The Blue Hose made 40.9 percent of their three-point attempts, the sixth time this season making 40+ percent.
- Cortney Storey led the team with 14 points, her second game in a row leading the way and game number 10 in 23 total games, the most of anyone on the team. Overall seven different players have led in scoring at least once this season.
Play 4 Kay Day
- The Blue Hose will be having their annual Play4Kay Day on Saturday, February 24 vs the Radford Highlanders.
- Fans interested in donating to the fundraiser can visit PC’s site specific account on its twitter page (@BlueHoseWBB) or go to the link https://support.kay.yow.com/team/153921. Coach Steelman and the Blue Hose hope to be able to raise $5,000.
Blue Hose Offensive Notes
- PC is averaging 60.3 points per game this season on 37.4 percent shooting from the field, 32.6 percent from three and a Big South leading 75.6 percent from the charity stripe. The Blue Hose are 7-0 this season when scoring at least 65 points.
- Presbyterian scored 75+ points in back to back games vs Winthrop and UNC Asheville. This was the first time scoring 75+ in consecutive games against Division I opposition in the Division I era. It had previously scored 75+ in back to back games vs Columbia College and Montreat in the 2011-12 season.
- PC made 10+ three-pointers in five straight games from the Gardner-Webb game (1/16) through the Charleston Southern game (1/30), that is a PC Division I era record. With 13 made threes vs Winthrop (2/6) it has now made 10+ threes in six of the last eight games.
- The Blue Hose average a Big South leading 9.3 three-point makes per game, that ranks number 15 in the country.
- 23 games into the season and the Blue Hose have already made 214 three-point baskets which ranks as the third most in a single season in the Division I era, the Blue Hose still have a minimum of seven games to play. They are on pace to make 279 three-pointers which would break the record of 230 set last season.
- The 32.6 percent from three is the second highest rate in program history. The record of 38.0 percent was done in 2012-13, a season they only shot 366 threes compared to already having taken 656 threes this season.
- The Blue Hose rank in the top 50 nationally in three major categories, three-point makes per game (9.3) is number 15, total three-pointers made (214) is number 22 and free throw percentage (75.6) is number 33.
- The Blue Hose have improved in free throw percentage each of the last four seasons, 68.2 in ‘14-15, 72.7 in ‘15-16, 74.9 in ‘16-17 and 75.6 this season.
- PC has overcome 10-plus point deficits to win four of its eight games. It was down 14 in the win over Furman, down 11 in the comeback vs Campbell, down 15 on two occasions in the first half at UNC Asheville and most recently down14 in the first half at Winthrop.
- When PC scored 83 points at USC Upstate it tied the ninth most points in a single game with the 83 scored vs Truett-McConnell on 12/16/13.
- The Blue Hose set a program record for three-point percentage when they made 61.1 percent of their three-pointers (11-18) versus Upstate (11/15).
- The Blue Hose set a new record for made free throws in a game when they went 30-34 vs North Carolina Central.
- Storey set a PC Division I record vs Winthrop (1/23) when she recorded 14 assists, this is the most assists by anyone in the Big South this season. It is also tied-seventh most in a single game this season nationally.
- Storey set a PC individual record for made free throws with 17 vs NC Central, the previous record had been 11. The 17 free throws made is tied-seventh nationally in made free throw in a game this season. She also tied her personal high and school record with 27 points at USC Upstate.
- Versus Gardner-Webb (1/16), at UNC Asheville (1/27) and vs Charleston Southern (1/30) Storey came within one assist of her second career double-double as she finished with 10 points and nine assists vs GWU, 19 points and nine assists at Asheville and 12 points, nine assists vs Charleston Southern. Her first double-double was at UNCG in 2016-17 when she scored 19 points and 10 assists.
- Hall scored 23 points on 9-15 shooting and 4-7 from three vs Campbell (1/13). The nine made field goals were a career high. She followed that up with 20 points vs Gardner-Webb (1/16) on five made threes.
- Ericka Blackwell-Boyden scored a career high 15 points versus UNCG (12/21) on 70.0 percent shooting from the field. She added her second double figure effort vs Longwood (2/10) scoring 12 points off the bench.
- Miles had the best stretch of her career as she averaged 14.7 points per game over six games from GWU (1/16) through the Liberty game (2/3). Six straight double figure games is a personal record. She surpassed the 1,000-point mark at Liberty. She then scored 13 vs Longwood (2/10) making it seven over eight games.
- Riley Hemm in her first career start scored 12 points with five rebounds and two assists versus NC Central (12/17) all three figures are career highs. She also added a career high three assists vs Longwood (2/10).
- Salina Virola had her best game of the season versus Winthrop (1/23) as she was two rebounds shy of a double-double with 13 points and eight rebounds. This was her first double figure effort of the season. She made her first start of the season at UNC Asheville and scored eight points with four rebounds in 18 minutes.
- Freshmen have recorded 11 double figure efforts this season. Macee Tamminen has the most with four followed by Tess Santos with three and Mattie Kennedy with two. Briley Buckner and Kiara Jackson each have one game with 10+ points.
- Tamminen’s best game was a career high 18 points and three steals vs Gardner-Webb (1/16).
- Santos has the highest scoring game by a freshman with 19 points vs Liberty (1/2).
- Kennedy’s best game scoring wise was 13 vs Kennesaw State (11/21) but then had 10 points and nine rebounds at Winthrop (2/6).
- Buckner scored 11 points at Duke (11/26) and Jackson scored 10 at High Point (1/9).
1,000 Point Scorers
- Storey with 1,212 points became the third member of the PC Division I era to score 1,000 points and member number 111 from the Big South. She is now 81 points shy of Mariah Pietrowski’s 1,293 points which is the Division I era PC record. Miles surpassed the 1,000-point mark at Liberty with her 13 points. Following the Longwood game, she now sits at 1,029 points which is the fourth most in PC’s Division I era.
Storey Setting Records
- Storey is averaging career highs in points with 14.7, assists at 6.3, field goal percentage at 45.1, free throw percentage at 84.1 and in minutes per game at 38.5. Her 6.3 assists per game is No. 20 nationally and 38.5 minutes is eighth nationally.
- 7 points per game ranks as the best in PC Division I history, 6.3 assists per game is the best in PC history, 144 assists already rank as the most for a single season. She also averages 2.0 steals per game which is tied-fourth best average in a season.
- All four of Storey’s assist totals will rank in the top 10 in PC Division I history. 144 this season is the best total in the Division I era, 137 in 2016-17 is now second and 126 in 2015-16 is third. 83 in her freshman season is the seventh best.
- Storey has 1,212 points which is in second place. Her 409 made field goals are the second most behind Mariah Pietrowski’s 506. She is already first with 1,032 career shot attempts.
- Storey now has 490 career assists. She is approaching elite status within the history of the Big South as only 15 players have recorded 1,000 points, 500 assists and 200 steals in a career, she will become the 16th member of this elite club. Candace Brown, Gardner-Webb ‘16 is the most recent addition to the club, she finished with 1,229 points, 785 assists and 206 steals.
- She is currently the third leading player in assists in PC history with 490, 28 shy of Barbara Frady for second and is seventh in steals all-time with 208. She is seven shy of Melanie Johnson’s 215 for sixth and is 15 shy of Dria David’s 223 which is the Division I record.
Miles Having Career Year
- Miles is having her best season statistically in a number of categories: scoring (10.5), three-point field goal percentage (40.5), free throw percentage (75.0), rebounding (4.1), assists per game (2.4) and minutes per game (31.5).
- Miles surpassed the 1,000-point mark at Liberty on 2/3 she also has 199 career assists. Once she reaches 200 career assists she will be one of only two players in the Division I era to record 1,000 points and 200 assists along with her teammate, Storey.
- Miles currently has the seventh best three-point field goal percentage in a season at 40.5 (53-131).
- For her career she ranks in the top 10 of PC Division I history in a number of categories: Points (1,029) is currently fourth, points per game (8.9) is eighth, fourth in made field goals (341), second in made three-pointers (184), third in three-point percentage (36.4), fifth in made free throws (163), fourth in assists (199) and fourth in steals (127).
Storey Named Preseason All-Conference
- Senior PG Storey has been named to 2017-18 Big South Preseason All-Conference team. She was the 2014-15 Freshman of the Year, 2015-16 Big South Honorable Mention and 2016-17 Big South Second Team honoree.
- Storey is the first preseason honoree since Karlee Taylor in 2013-14.
Blue Hose Go for 10+ Again
- PC enters this season with three straight 10+ win Big South campaigns. The Blue Hose have achieved that feat four of the last five seasons overall.
- Overall they have won 10+ conference games in 13 of the last 30 seasons with nine coming as members of the South Atlantic Conference and four in the Big South.
Scouting the Camels
- The Camels are 12-11 overall this season and 5-7 in the Big South, they have currently lost two game in a row at Charleston Southern and vs Liberty.
- Campbell scores 58.0 points per game while surrendering 53.0 points, it shoots 39.1 percent from the field and 32.0 percent from three.
- The Camels defensively only allow teams to shoot 35.1 percent from the field and 27.0 percent from three.
- Summer Price is the Camels leading scorer and the leading scorer in the Big South at 15.3 points per game.
- Makala Rouse is the second leading scorer for Campbell averaging 7.8 points, she leads the team averaging just over four assists per game.
- Taya Bolden leads the Camels rebounding as she averages 8.9 per game to go along with her 6.0 points per game.
- The Camels are led by second year head coach Ronny Fisher.
Blue Hose vs the Camels
- PC and Campbell have met 14 times with the Blue Hose leading the series 8-6 all-time including a 65-59 win in the first meeting this season.
- In the first meeting Hall (23) and Storey (20) became the first duo to score 20+ in a single game since the 2012-13 season. Storey also added five assists and four steals in that game.
- This matchup will feature the top two scorers in the Big South as well as the top two players in assists in the Big South versus one another. Summer Price is the leading scorer at 15.3 points going against Storey who is second at 14.7 while Storey is the Big South leader in assists at 6.3 going against Makala Rouse who is second at 4.0 per game.