Series Histories (since 2008)
• Overall vs. Davidson - PC leads 5-3
• at Davidson – Series tied 3-3
• Overall vs. Longwood – series tied 6-6
• at PC – series tied 3-3
• PC and Davidson will meet on the diamond for the second straight season. The Blue Hose have won five of the last six matchups, including an 8-6 win last season.
• The Blue Hose rank second in the Big South in hits (430), third in batting average (.267) and home runs (44), as well as fourth in runs (262) and slugging percentage (.392).
• PC took the last two games off Longwood a year ago, 2-1 and 10-2, after dropping game one 2-1.
• PC will be ending a 10-game road stint when it hosts Longwood at home on Friday.
• The Blue Hose have played in 16 one-run or extra-inning games this season.
• The Wildcats enter Tuesday's game with a 31-16 overall record after picking up a 7-0 win over NC Central on Tuesday night.
• Eric Jones leads Davidson with a .337 batting average, 60 hits, 13 doubles, 57 RBI and 10 home runs.
• Allen Barry (8-1, 3.24 ERA) is expected to get the start with the Wildcats splitting the innings across their entire weekend rotation. Connor Gordon leads the team with a 6-1 record and 2.09 ERA. Barry has a team-best 71 strikeouts.
Players Ranked in the Big South and Nationally
• Junior Jonathan White leads the Big South in batting average (.362), hits (67), and total bases (99). He is also in the top-4 for runs (40) • Senior AJ Priaulx leads the Big South in doubles (13) and is in the top-5 for batting average (.353), hits (66), and total bases (97).
• Sophomore Eric Miles ranks second in the Big South with six victories. • Freshman Grayson Stoneking is tied for 3rd in the Big South with 21 pitching appearances.
Team Effort Over South Carolina
• Seven different players recorded at least one hit against the Gamecocks.
• Nick Guimbarda went 2-for-3 with three runs and an RBI batting leadoff.
• Andrew Durden, Austin Paradis, and Grayson Stoneking combined to allow four runs on six hits over the first 6.2 innings of work.
• Russ Branch and Colton Springs did not allow a hit over the last 2.1 innings. In the bottom of the ninth, Springs needed just 13 pitches to strike out the side and pick up his first save of the season.
Going … Going … Gone!
• After hitting just 14 home runs over the first 26 games, the Blue Hose have heated up for 30 home runs over the last 21 games.
• Since March 29, PC has had ten different players record a home run and hit at least two home runs in 11-of-20 games.
• Nick Wise leads the team with nine home runs this season.
The Hits Keep Coming
• The Blue Hose rank second in the Big South with 430 hits (9.15 per game).
• Jonathan White leads the team with 22 multi-hit games this season.
• AJ Priaulx has hit a perfect 5-for-5 twice this season and 4-for-4 once. Jonathan White (5-for-5), Guy Casaceli (4-for-4) and Nick Guimbarda (3-for-3) have all had perfect days at the plate as well.
• PC has recorded two games with +18 hits for the first time since 2015 when the team had two 19-hit games and a 20-hit game.
• AJ Priaulx eclipsed 100 RBI, 150 hits, and 250 total bases for his career earlier this season and has established career highs for hits (66), doubles (13), and total bases (97) in a season.
• AJ Priaulx (165), Nick Wise (116), Nick Guimbarda (107) and TJ Richardson (103) have all eclipsed 100 career hits this season.