CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College men’s and women’s cross country teams opened the 2019 season on Saturday with a pair of fourth place finishes in the Carolina Challenge in Columbia, S.C.
Results: Men – 4th Place | Women – 4th Place
Location: Sandhill Research and Education Center (Columbia, S.C.)
• Sophomore Zack Kochert led the men’s team finishing in 20th place with a time of 17:25.9.
• Senior William Wise finished close behind Kochert with a 17:52.06 finishing time.
• On the men’s side, junior Neel Taber ran a 18:51.20, sophomore Kiro Morkos finished at 20:45.52 and sophomore Justin Nobles rounded out the Blue Hose at 21:47.22.
• Senior Ali Bennett led the PC women with a 20:47.33 which was good enough for 31st in Saturday’s meet.
• In her first meet as a Blue Hose, freshman Lili Jaraczewski ran a 21:33.73 to finish 35th in the Carolina Challenge. Senior Emily Swanigan ran a 21:41.77, while freshman Megan Flynn had a 22:38.33 finishing time.
• Senior Kennedy Brooks and junior Abigayle Winn also competed on Saturday for the Blue Hose. They finished with a time of 26:28.32 and 32:33.63 respectively.
• The Blue Hose will next travel to the Big South Preview Meet in Lillington, N.C. on Saturday September 14th. The meet is set to begin at 8:00 a.m. with the men’s 8k followed at 8:45 a.m. with the women’s 6k.