Farmville, Va. – The Presbyterian College baseball team used a fast start and another great start from redshirt junior Jackson Dean to defeat Longwood 10-1 on Saturday morning at Buddy Bolding Stadium. PC set a single game D1 record for stolen bases with seven.
Final Score: Presbyterian 10, Longwood 1
Location: Farmville, Va. (Buddy Boiling Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (26-26, 14-10 Big South) | Longwood (11-38, 5-19 Big South)
WP: Jackson Dean (5-4) | LP: Bryan Golnick (0-2)
- The Blue Hose seven stolen bases in the game give Presbyterian a single game D1 record for stolen bases. Nick Guimbarda and Andrew Livingston each added a pair of stolen bases to lead the team.
- With the Blue Hose 11 stolen bases in the series against Longwood, Presbyterian set the D1 single season record for stolen bases by a Blue Hose team. PC currently has 75 stolen bases on the year.
- PC was hit by a pitch five times for the second time this season which matches a D1 single game record.
- Livingston led the Blue Hose with three hits, while Jimmy Marcelli and Guimbarda each added a pair of hits for PC in the victory.
- Guimbarda had four RBIs for a season-high and his team-high 10th multi-RBI game of the year. Ashby Smith and Marcelli each added a pair of runs driven in for PC.
- Jonathan White was hit by a pitch for the 15th time this season matching the Blue Hose single season D1 record for HBP in a season.
- Jackson Dean tossed 8.0 innings allowing one run while striking out a career-high eight batters. Dean over his past three starts is 2-1 with a 1.50 ERA as he has allowed four earned and struck out 19 batters.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Blue Hose got the bats going in the opening inning. Following infield singles from Rasberry and White, a three-run shot to right field from Guimbarda gave PC an early 3-0 lead.
- PC added a pair of runs in the second as Ashby Smith added an RBI single and Jimmy Marcelli picked up a ground-rule double to extend the lead to 5-0.
- Longwood got on the board in the second with an RBI single to make it 5-1.
- Presbyterian added a run on a Lancer wild pitch in the fifth to take a 6-1 lead.
- The Blue Hose scored four runs in the seventh on a pair of bases loaded walks and a pair of sacrifice flies to make it 10-1.
- The Blue Hose return home for the final time during the 2019 season to face Georgia State for senior day on Tuesday. First pitch with the Panthers is set for 3 p.m. as we will honor Chase Blueberg, Nick Guimbarda, Jackson Dean, Jonathan White, Michael Varga and Colton Springs prior to first pitch.