CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team gets to set to open Big South play this weekend as they welcome in Radford for a three-game series with first pitch set for 3:00 p.m. on Friday afternoon in the series opener.
WHAT: Presbyterian (6-11, 0-0 Big South) vs Radford (5-11, 0-0 Big South)
WHERE: Clinton, S.C. (PC Baseball Complex)
WHEN: Friday March 15 (3:00 p.m.) | Saturday March 16 (2:00 p.m.) | Sunday March 17 (1:00 p.m.)
THE SERIES (Since 2008): Radford leads 13-5
FOLLOW THE ACTION
LIVE STATS: statbroadcast.com (Friday) | statbroadcast.com (Saturday) | statbroadcast.com (Sunday)
RADIO: Fox Sports 1400 AM/98.3 FM & WPCC 1410 AM/96.5 FM (Friday-Sunday)
ON THE MOUND
PC – RHP Eric Miles (1-1, 6.46 ERA, 15 K)
RAD – LHP Zack Ridgely (1-0, 3.50 ERA, 10 K)
PC – LHP Jake Rice (1-1, 6.38 ERA, 14 K)
RAD – RHP Graham Firoved (1-0, 3.00 ERA, 4 K)
PC – RHP Reagan Fowler (0-3, 7.84 ERA, 12 K)
RAD – RHP Cole Dunn (0-1, 8.62 ERA, 5 K)
About the Blue Hose
• Presbyterian dropped a pair of contests in midweek action against Kennesaw State by the score of 13-5 and 7-3.
• In Tuesday night’s matchup, Nick Guimbarda hit his team-high third home run of the season.
• On Wednesday night, Jackson Dean tossed a season-high 5.2 innings and finished with five strikeouts, one off of his season-high.
• The Highlanders own a 13-5 all-time record against the Blue Hose dating back to 2008. Radford swept the Blue Hose last season in Virginia however the Blue Hose took 2-of-3 from Radford in 2017 in Clinton.
• In last year’s series with Radford Jonathan White had a pair of homers and Nick Guimbarda also added one in the series.
• Jackson Dean added seven strikeouts over seven innings in a start against the Highlanders.
• Radford enters the weekend with a 5-11 record after splitting a midweek series with UMass-Lowell last time out.
• The Highlanders are led by Adam Whitacre with a .391 average to go along with a team-high four homers and 14 runs driven in. Andrew Szamski adds a .339 average to the offensive attack for Radford.
• On the mound, Cameron Fritz paces the attack with a 2.38 ERA in five relief apperances with 14 strikeouts in those outings.
• Radford leads the Big South in home runs (24), RBI (99) and slugging percentage (.436).
• Jimmy Marcelli is second in the league with 25 hits and is tied for third in the conference with five doubles. Marcelli is tied for fourth in the league with 33 total bases on the season.
• Head Coach Elton Pollock is closing in on his 300th win with the Blue Hose as he needs just seven more victories to achieve this milestone.
• Colton Springs with his next save would move into a tie for fourth in the program’s D1 record book with his sixth career save.
• With his next victory, Eric Miles would move into a tie for second with 15 career wins in the D1 record book.
• Nick Guimbarda needs one more home run to move into a tie for 9th in the Blue Hose D1 Record Book for career homers. He currently has 13 career homers.
• Springs with seven more strikeouts will move into 10th place in the D1 record book in Presbyterian history.
• The Blue Hose hit the road for a midweek amtchup at Davidson on Tuesday night with first pitch slated for 6:00 p.m. on ESPN+. It is the first of three games that PC and Davidson meet this season as they play again in Davidson on 4/16 and in Clinton on 4/23.