Athens, Ga. – The Presbyterian College baseball team could not overcome the Bulldogs offense as Georgia picked up a 17-0 victory on Friday afternoon at Foley Field.
Final Score: No.9 Georgia 17, Presbyterian 0
Location: Athens, Ga. (Foley Field)
Records: Presbyterian (6-7) | No.9 Georgia (12-2)
WP: Emerson Hancock (4-0) | LP: Eric Miles (1-1)
- Jonathan White extended his reached base streak to 12 straight games with a first inning hit by pitch.
- Garrett Jones extended his reached base streak to five games in a row with a single in Friday’s contest.
- Payton Phelps recorded his first strikeout as a Blue Hose.
- Maxx Harpalani matched his career-high with 2.0 innings pitched. Harpalani also had two innings pitched last weekend against Brown.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Georgia got on the board first in the second inning with a two out RBI single to take the early lead and it was extended with an RBI double to make it 2-0 after two innings.
- The Bulldogs added a third inning run off of a solo homer to left to make it 3-0 UGA.
- The hosts added five runs in their half of the fourth inning highlighted by a one-out grand slam.
- Georgia added seven runs in the fifth including its second grand slam in as many innings. The Bulldogs added single runs in the sixth and seventh innings en route to the victory on Friday.
- The Blue Hose and Bulldogs will have a quick turnaround as the two teams play a doubleheader on Saturday afternoon with first pitch set for 12 p.m. as game two will be approx. 30 minutes after game one. Both games will be on SEC Network Plus.