CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College men’s golf team dropped both of its matches on Monday in the first two rounds of match play at the Musgrove Mill Intercollegiate at Musgrove Mill GC.
How it Happened
- The Blue Hose fell 4-1 to Radford in the first round before suffering a 5-0 setback to Gardner-Webb in the second round.
- High Point won both its matches 3-2, defeating USC Aiken and USC Upstate, and will meet Wofford in Tuesday’s championship match. The Terriers knocked off Gardner-Webb 3-2, then Radford 3.5-1.5.
- Radford and USC Upstate are set to meet in the third place match, USC Aiken and GWU will battle for fifth, and PC and Longwood will meet for seventh.
- Freshman Mason Whatley picked up the lone victory for PC in the first round, defeating Radford’s Parker See, 1 up.
- Making his season debut, junior Josh Taylor came the closest for the Blue Hose in the second round, but was ultimately edged 2&1.
The final round of match play is set to tee off at 8:00 am on Tuesday morning at Musgrove Mill GC. The Blue Hose are set to face Longwood in the seventh place match.