Patterson Scores in Setback at Kennesaw State
By Presbyterian College Athletics
September 8, 2019
Kennesaw, Ga. – The Presbyterian College women’s soccer team received a late goal from Peyton Patterson on Sunday night, but the Blue Hose dropped a 3-1 game to Kennesaw State at Fifth Third Bank Stadium. The Owls secured the win with a pair of goals in the second half.
Final Score: PC 1 – KSU 3
Location: Kennesaw, Ga. (Fifth Third Bank Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (0-4); Kennesaw State (4-2)
- Emely Sosa opened the scoring at 30:43 off an assist from Isabella Contreras.
- Contreras scored the game winner at 52:43, assisted by Kendall Baker.
- Kendall Higgs scored at 62:26, assisted by Erin Harris.
- Patterson scored her first of the season at 84:10, assisted by Jessica Newton.
By The Numbers
- Kennesaw State led in shots, 21-7, shots on goal, 8-4, and corners, 5-4.
- The Owls were called offsides five times compared to just three times for PC.
- Newton recorded her first collegiate point with her assist on Patterson's goal.
Presbyterian College travels to Furman on Thursday, September 12, for a 7:00 pm matchup.