CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College men’s golf team fell 3-2 to Longwood, with the deciding match coming down to a playoff hole, in Tuesday’s final round of match play at the Musgrove Mill Intercollegiate at Musgrove Mill GC.
How it Happened
- With the contest tied at 2-2, Blue Hose freshman Thomas Hollingsworth had a chance to seal it up for PC on the match’s 18th hole, but his putt came up just inches shy. The contest went to a 19th hole, which Longwood’s Daniel George won to take the match.
- High Point knocked off Wofford 3-2 in the championship match.
- Radford claimed the third place contest, beating USC Upstate 3.5-1.5.
- Gardner-Webb took the consolation bracket, placing fifth after defeating USC Aiken 4-1.
- Longwood’s victory over Presbyterian gave the Lancers a seventh place finish.
- With PC trailing Longwood 1-0, senior AJ Nolin got the Blue Hose on the board with a 4&2 win over Teagan Stephenson at the top position.
- Presbyterian took a 2-1 lead when freshman Jimmy McCollum bested Ryan Hammer, 2&1.
PC returns to action on Oct. 14-15 as it heads to Burlington, N.C., to compete in the Elon Phoenix Invitational.