CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College volleyball team hit a season-high .395 on its way to a 3-0 victory (25-9, 25-14, 25-18) over Florida A&M in its final non-conference contest of the season on Saturday afternoon. It’s the Blue Hose third straight win, bringing their record to 8-9. FAMU drops to 3-12 on the campaign.
- Sophomore Erin Cooke notched her fifth straight double-double, racking up a match-12 kills and adding 14 assists while hitting .458.
- Junior Allie Wright pitched in eight kills and also served a pair of aces to move into fifth place in PC’s DI era (2007-present) for career aces.
- Junior Sierra Jones handed out a match-high 20 assists and chipped in six digs.
- Senior Erin Eulitz led all players with 14 digs.
How it Happened
- Leading 9-7 in the first set, the Blue Hose posted runs of 7-0 and 6-0 on the way to a 16-2 finish to the opening set.
- In the second set, Presbyterian gained separation with an 8-1 spurt to open up a 15-6 edge. FAMU could not get closer than six, as the Blue Hose seized a two-set advantage.
- PC slowly built a 14-7 lead in the third set, and again Florida A&M could not get closer than six for the remainder of the set.
- The Blue Hose never trailed at any point in the contest, and the match featured just three ties.
PC continues its eight-match homestand on Friday evening as it welcomes High Point to the Templeton Center. First serve is set for 6:00 pm.