Farmville, Va. – The Presbyterian College men’s soccer team picked up a 2-1 overtime win over Longwood at the Longwood Athletics Complex on Saturday afternoon. Sophomore Riccardo Turcis buried a shot from the edge of the six-yard box at 95:10 to improve the Blue Hose to 1-0 in Big South play.
Final Score: PC 2 – Longwood 1
Location: Farmville, Va. (Longwood Athletics Complex)
Records: Presbyterian College (3-8, 1-0); Longwood (4-5, 0-2)
- Mikel Abando scored from 12 yards out with a through ball from Eli Carr to open the scoring.
- Turcis scored the game winner off a deflected cross that found the sophomore on the far post as he volleyed it in.
By the Numbers
- Presbyterian led in shots 12-7, and in shots on goal, 4-3. Longwood led in corners, 6-3, and in fouls, 20-14.
- Both teams earned three yellow cards each.
- Senior Ricardo Hernandez played the full 95 minutes and became the first PC player to eclipse 6000 career minutes played in the DI era.
- Pinto scored his 13th career goal and moved to within one goal of the program’s DI record.
Presbyterian College hosts Radford at Martin Stadium on Wednesday, October 9, in a 7 pm game that will be broadcast on ESPN+.