Clinton, S.C. - The Presbyterian College women's soccer team improved to 3-1 in the Big South after a 2-0 win over USC Upstate on Wednesday night at Martin Stadium. Junior Morgan Hutchison scored a pair of goals and extended her point streak to five games.
Final Scores: PC 2 – USC Upstate 0
Location: Clinton, S.C. (Martin Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian College (4-7, 3-1); USC Upstate (2-5-3, 0-3-1)
- Morgan Hutchison beat the keeper high at 5:41 to give PC the early 1-0 lead.
- Hutchison made it 2-0 with a long pass from Tara Brophy at 73:02.
By the Numbers
- Presbyterian led in shots, 13-9, and in shots on goal, 7-4.
- USC Upstate held a large advantage in corner kicks, 5-1.
- Megan Serrano played the full 90 minutes in goal and collected four saves.
- Hutchison extended her point streak to five games.
- The junior has a team-high five goals on the year, which is a collegiate-best.
- Hutchison’s two goals moved her into PC’s DI top-5 for career goals (9).
- Tara Brophy’s assist marked her first collegiate point.
- Serrano earned her eighth career win and moved into a third place tie with Jordan Broadway (2010-13).
Presbyterian College has the weekend off and plays next at Winthrop on Wednesday, October 9, in a 3 pm matchup.