Columbia, S.C. – The Presbyterian College men’s soccer team scored a pair of goals just two minutes apart to tie the game with South Carolina in the second half, but the Gamecocks managed to pull away late for a 4-2 win at Stone Stadium on Tuesday night.
Final Score: PC 2 – South Carolina 4
Location: Columbia, S.C. (Stone Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (2-8); USC (5-4, 0-2)
- Brian Banahan scored at 10:55 off an assist from Tucker Monheimer.
- CJ Mitchell-Smith made it 2-0 with a double assist from Luca Mayr and Logan Frost at 37:40.
- Luca Ziegler got PC on the board at 49:44.
- Harry Abell tied the game at 51:03.
- The Gamecocks regained the lead at 62:13 off a goal from Mitchell-Smith.
- Banahan put the game away at 88:32 and was assisted by Buenyamin Yusufoglu.
By The Numbers
- South Carolina led on shots 21-19, but shots on goal were tied 8-8.
- Presbyterian College led in corners, 9-7.
- The Gamecocks broke a streak of 376:30 minutes in which the Blue Hose had not conceded a first half goal, dating back to September 2.
- Luca Ziegler moved into sixth place in career minutes played.
Presbyterian College travels to play Longwood on Saturday, October 5, at 2 pm.