Greensboro, N.C. - Presbyterian College’s Serina Combs finished fifth at the Starmount Fall Classic with a collegiate-best score of 221 (+5) on Tuesday. Julie Hillestad also earned a top-10 finish and helped lead the women’s golf team to a seventh place showing at the Starmount CC (par-72, 6186 yards).
UAB won the team title with an aggregate of 905 and by a margin of one stroke. UNCG finished second (906) behind individual medalist Tara Bettle’s 217 (+1).
- Combs went -3 over the last nine holes, after starting the day +4, to end with a collegiate-best total of 221 (73, 75, 73) and earned her first collegiate top-10 finish.
- The junior lowered her 54-hole best by three strokes after narrowly missing it the first two tournaments of 2019.
- Combs was the top golfer from the five Big South schools competing: Radford, Longwood, PC, Winthrop and UNC Asheville.
- Julie Hillestad tied for 10th with a score of 227 (73, 74, 80) and earned her third consecutive top-10 finish of 2019.
- PC finished in seventh place with an aggregate of 934 (309, 308, 317).
Presbyterian College plays next at the Women’s Fall Invitational hosted by Winthrop at the Waterford GC on Monday, October 7.