Clinton, S.C. – The Presbyterian College men’s soccer team picked up a 3-0 win over Furman on Saturday night at Martin Stadium by way of a hat trick from redshirt freshman Cesar Sancho.
Final Score: PC 3 – Furman 0
Location: Clinton, S.C. (Martin Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (2-7); Furman (5-4)
- Sancho scored his first of the game off a corner kick from Luca Ziegler by the way of a header at 41:49.
- Sancho’s second (57:12) and third goals (70:58) came after the redshirt freshman collected loose balls in the six-yard box and shot them into an open net.
By The Numbers
- Presbyterian College used possession throughout the game to dominate shots on goal 8-3 with Furman nearly drawing even in shot, 14-12, with several late attempts.
- The Paladins led in corner kicks, 5-3.
- The game was very physical, with 33 total fouls and four yellow cards.
- Sancho’s hat trick was the first in PC’s Division I history and sets a team single-game record for goals (3) and points (6).
- Freshman Mark Zavalkov earned his first start in goal, playing the full 90 minutes and collecting three saves.
Presbyterian College travels to play South Carolina on Tuesday, October 1, in a 7 pm matchup that will be broadcast on GamecocksOnline.com.