CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College women’s cross country team led by freshman Lili Jaraczewski finished in 18th at the Queen City Invite on Friday night at McAlpine Creek Park. The Blue Hose men’s team finished in 26th as sophomore Zack Kochert led the way for PC.
Results: Men – 26th | Women – 18th
Location: McAlpine Creek Park
• Jaraczewski led the way for PC on Friday night as she ran a 19:59 to finish in 80th overall as she improved on a season best from the Big South preview where she ran a 20:28.55.
• Senior Emily Swanigan placed second amongst PC runners on Friday with a 2019 fastest personal 5k of 20:23, while Ali Bennett finished with a 20:36 as she ran her quickest 5k of the year.
• Freshman Megan Flynn as she ran a 21:41, while sophomore Julia Keen also finished with a time of 22:16. Abigayle Winn posted a finishing time of 29:32. All three were able to post season best marks on Friday evening.
• Sophomore Zack Kochert led the men’s team with a 28:01 finish which marked a season’s best for the sophomore, while senior William Wise finished at 28:08 on Friday.
• Junior's Banner Plumb ran a season best 28:54 with Neel Taber finishing at 30:42.
• Sophomore Kieran Schuetterle made his 2019 season debut on Friday and finished with a 30:52.
• Sophomore's Luke Harmon ran a 30:56 and Justin Nobles finished with a season fastest at 33:42 to round out the team.
• Augusta University earned the men’s title with Mathew Chesum from Benedict winning the men’s 8k at 24:36.
• James Madison won the women’s 5k with Micah Weathers from Augusta University winning the 5k at 18:01
• The Blue Hose return back to McAlpine Park on Friday, October 11th for the Royals Challenge hosted once again by Queens. The Royals Challenge will be the final regular season meet before PC heads to the Big South Conference meet on November 2nd in Lillington.