Charleston, S.C. – The Presbyterian College women’s soccer team picked up a 2-1 overtime victory at Charleston Southern on Wednesday evening. Freshman Carolay Ospina scored the golden goal at 95:06 to give the Blue Hose its third consecutive OT victory.
Final Score: PC 2 – CSU 1
Location: Charleston, S.C. (CSU Soccer Field)
Records: Presbyterian (3-6-0, 2-0-0); Charleston Southern (3-5-1, 0-1-1)
- Kylie Doster opened the scoring with a penalty kick at 10:13.
- Morgan Hutchison drew a foul in the box and converted a penalty kick to tie the game at 35:08.
- Ospina took a pass from Hutchison and scored the game winner at 95:06.
By The Numbers
- Charleston Southern led in shots, 19-13, and corners, 6-4, but shots on goal were tied 6-6.
- Presbyterian fouled 19 times, earning two yellows, while CSU fouled 14 times and earned one yellow.
- Megan Serrano collected five saves in goal, compared to four saves for Jazmin Gonzalez.
- It was the third consecutive overtime game and OT victory for Presbyterian.
- Ospina’s goal was the first of her collegiate career.
- Hutchison (1G, 1A) recorded multiple points for the second time this season and third time in her career.
- Anna Stouffer was issued a red card in the final minute of regulation, forcing PC to play with 10 players for the duration of overtime.
Presbyterian College travels to Radford on Saturday, September 28, for a 7 pm game that will be broadcast on ESPN+.