Myrtle Beach, S.C. – The Presbyterian College women’s golf team finished 15th at the Golfweek Program Championship on Tuesday with a combined score of 935 (319, 307, 309). Julie Hillestad tied for 14th with a collegiate-best score of 221 (73, 74, 74) at the True Blue GC (par-72, 6034 yards).
High Point won the team title with an aggregate of 872. UNC Wilmington’s Phu Khine used a final round of 67 (-5) to jump several golfers and capture medalist honors at 209 (-7).
- Hillestad bested her previous best three-round score by three strokes.
- Serina Combs shot 225 (75, 76, 74) to miss her collegiate-best by one stroke and tie for 32nd.
- Kelli Kragh shot 240 (83, 76, 81) in her collegiate debut to tie for 65th.
- Hillestad and Combs led the team with 36 pars each, while Hillestad and Kragh led the team with six birdies apiece.
- This was the team’s first tournament under new head coach Anne Marie Covar.
Presbyterian College travels to the Elon Women’s Invitational at the Alamance CC in Burlington, N.C., beginning on September 23.