Clinton, S.C. - The Wofford women’s soccer team picked up a 1-0 victory over Presbyterian College on Friday night at Martin Stadium. Eva Dailey scored the lone goal in the game’s 27th minute off a free kick that found the upper right corner. The Blue Hose fought hard in the second half, forcing seven saves from Wofford’s Kelly Hogan.
Final Score: PC 0 – Wofford 1
Location: Clinton, S.C. (Martin Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (0-3); Wofford (3-1)
- Eva Dailey scored at 26:21 off a free kick from 21 yards out that found the top right corner of the net.
By The Numbers
- PC dominated in shots, 12-6, with an impressive 10-1 edge in the second half.
- Wofford’s Kelly Hogan recorded all seven of her saves in second half.
- Junior Morgan Hutchison led the game with three shots, two on goal.
- Wofford managed just one shot on goal in the second half.
- Friday marked the 30th anniversary of the first women’s soccer game in Blue Hose history, with the inaugural 1989 team being honored at half.
- Junior Kristen Bane played the full 90 minutes and surpassed 3,000 minutes played in her collegiate career.
- Wofford lost the previous two matchups to PC.
Presbyterian College travels to play Kennesaw State on Sunday, September 8, at 6:00 pm.