Clinton, S.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team used the power of an Andrew Livingston grand slam in the sixth to push the Blue Hose to a 6-2 win on Saturday afternoon to get head coach Elton Pollock his 300th career win.
Final Score: Presbyterian 6, UNC Asheville 2
Location: Clinton, S.C. (PC Baseball Complex)
Records: Presbyterian (13-18, 6-5 Big South) | UNC Asheville (11-17, 6-5 Big South)
WP: Jackson Dean (2-3) | LP: Jacob Edwards (3-1)
- Jonathan White paced the Blue Hose with three hits to match the senior’s season-high. It is White’s 10th multi-hit game of the season.
- Andrew Livingston added a pair of hits including a go ahead grand slam in the sixth to give the Blue Hose a series victory.
- Jackson Dean picked up the victory tossing three innings of relief to get the win. He allowed one run on five hits in his three innings on the mound.
- Livingston’s sixth inning grand slam was the first by a Blue Hose since Nick Wise did it last April against UNC Asheville in a game where he had two grand slams.
- Today’s win gave Head Coach Elton Pollock his 300th career win at Presbyterian.
- Johnny Cook with his RBI single in the sixth extended his hit streak to a team-high seven consecutive games.
- Nick Guimbarda and White both extended their reached base streak to eight straight games in the win.
- PC improves to 11-4 when scoring first in games this season and are 7-4 in games where they hit one home run.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Presbyterian struck first in the opening inning as Jimmy Marcelli lined a ball back up the middle to score Garrett Jones and give the Blue Hose the 1-0 lead.
- UNC Asheville tied it up in the fourth as the Bulldogs took advantage of a PC error to make it 1-1.
- The guests took the lead in the sixth with an RBI single back up the middle to make it 2-1.
- In the sixth, Cook stepped up with runners on the corners following a UNC Asheville throwing error, Cook singled to the first baseman and allowed White to score and tie the game at two.
- A single by Jeremiah Boyd through the left side loaded the bases to set the stage for Livingston.
- Livingston turned on the first pitch of the at bat and drilled in for a grand slam to deep left center to give PC a 6-2 lead they wouldn’t relinquish.
- In the seventh, UNC Asheville attempted to rally with three singles loading the bases before Grayson Stoneking got the Blue Hose out of it with a strikeout looking to halt the Bulldogs best threat the rest of the game.
- The Blue Hose conclude their three-game series with UNC Asheville tomorrow morning at 11:00 a.m. as first pitch was moved up due to pending inclement weather.