Clinton, S.C. – The Presbyterian College baseball team rallied with two in the ninth but came up short on Sunday dropping a 4-3 decision to Brown in the series finale at the PC Baseball Complex.
Final Score: Brown 4, Presbyterian 3
Location: Clinton, S.C. (PC Baseball Complex)
Records: Presbyterian (4-6) | Brown (1-5)
WP: Garett Delano (1-1) | LP: Grayson Stoneking (0-1) | Save: Ryan Kuntz (1)
- Jonathan White paced the Blue Hose with a pair of base hits in the contest. It marked his third multi-hit game of the season and he has reached base safely in nine straight games.
- Zacchaeus Rasberry with his ninth inning single extended his hit streak to 10 games in a row.
- Grayson Stoneking made his first start going 4.1 innings and striking out a pair of Bears.
- White had a pair of stolen bases and is the second PC player to accomplish the feat this season. Garrett Jones swiped two stolen bases on February 24th against Marist.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brown got on the board first in the opening frame with a pair of RBI singles to take the early 2-0 lead.
- The Bears added a single run in the third and the fifth off of an RBI groundout and sacrifice fly to extend the lead to 4-0.
- PC got on the board in the sixth as Nick Guimbarda scored Jones on a sacrifice fly to centerfield.
- In the ninth, following a Graham Mitchell walk and Rasberry single, Jeremiah Boyd lined an RBI single to plate a run and make it 4-2 Bears.
- Pinch hitter Hunter Grover hit a liner to shortstop that allowed Rasberry to come around and score and make it 4-3 with runners on first and third.
- Jones put a charge into the next pitch to deep left field but the Bears came up with the flyout and the 4-3 win.
- The Blue Hose return to the PC Baseball Complex once again this Tuesday as they face NCCU with first pitch set for 2:00 p.m... The two teams met on February 27th with the Blue Hose picking up a 9-3 victory.
- Presbyterian will face Wofford on Wednesday with first pitch scheduled for 2 p.m.