CLINTON, S.C. – Presbyterian College men’s basketball team had five in double figures led by Adam Flagler with 14 points as it picked up a 102-49 victory over Boyce on Thursday afternoon in Clinton, S.C.
Scoring the Game
The Blue Hose opened the game with a 19-11 lead over the first five minutes after a Flagler layup. Boyce cut the score to 1, 24-23 with 10:36 to go in the first half before Presbyterian went on a 13-0 run over the next six minutes to take a 37-23 lead followed Kody Shubert’s three pointer. After a three pointer from the Bulldogs the Blue Hose rattled off 13 unanswered to end up taking a 50-32 lead to the half.
Presbyterian came out red hot in the second half as it went on an 18-3 run over the first seven minutes to take a 33-point lead over Boyce. The Blue Hose maintained their lead over the next several minutes before PC extended its lead to 38 following a pair of Chris Martin free throws. PC closed Thursday’s contest on a 19-4 run over the Bulldogs to take a commanding 102-49 victory.
Players of the Game
Flagler led the attack with 14 points on 5-for-9 shooting from the field, while he also added a pair of three pointers. Kody Shubert and Ethan Kay both added 12 points, while Chris Martin had 11 and JC Younger chipped in with 10 points. Armel TeTe led the Blue Hose on the glass with seven rebounds with Younger and Martin each pulling down six defensive rebounds. Cory Hightower had five assists to lead the way for PC. Caldwell led the way for Boyce with 13 points.
Stats of the Game
Presbyterian shot 50.7% from the floor as the Blue Hose also connected on 13 three pointers in the contest. PC held the Bulldogs to just 29.0% a season low for a Blue Hose opponent. The Blue Hose forced 25 turnovers for a second straight game while only committing five turnovers on their end of the floor.
- As a team the Blue Hose recorded nine blocks led by Cory Hightower with a career-high four rejections. The total blocks sit second for a single game mark in the PC Division One era.
- The 35 three point shots attempted is fourth in the Blue Hose D1 record book.
- It’s the second straight game the Blue Hose eclipsed the 100-point mark and the eighth in the D1 era that a Presbyterian team scored at least a 100 points.
- As a team PC buried 13 three pointers led by Ethan Kay with four made three’s. The 13 made three pointers is tied for eighth in the D1 record book.
- PC attempted a season-high 33 free throws which ranks in a tie for 10th in the Division One record books.
- As a team, PC attempted 69 field goals which ranks in a tie for ninth in the Division One era for the Blue Hose.
- Adam Flagler set a new career-high with 14 points.
- Cory Hightower tied his career-best with his second straight game dishing out five assists.
- Chris Martin set a pair of career-highs with 11 points and six rebounds.
- Kody Shubert set a new career-high scoring 12 points.
For the Record
PC moves to 3-1, Boyce 0-5.
The Blue Hose hit the road for two straight beginning on Saturday afternoon against No. 24 Marquette with tipoff slated for 1 p.m. before traveling to No. 20 UCLA for a Monday night matchup with the Bruins with tip set for 11 p.m.
How To Follow
Fans can follow at www.GoBlueHose.com