• Who: Presbyterian (13-29) at No. 8 Clemson (30-11)
• When: Wednesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where: Doug Kingsmore Stadium – Clemson, S.C.
• Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com
• Live Video: ClemsonTigers.com
• Radio: Sunny 103.5 FM (Ryan Clary)
• Social Media – @PresbyterianBSB (Twitter)
Series History (since 2008)
• PC vs. Clemson - Clemson leads 7-3
- At Clemson - Clemson leads 6-2
- Last meeting (2016) - No. 12 Clemson won 8-4
• Wednesday – LHP Connor Jahn (0-1) vs. RHP Holt Jones (2-0)
• PC is in the midst of a 10-game road trip with Wednesday’s game at Clemson being the fifth straight away game. The Blue Hose will not return home until May 11 when they host Longwood in their final home series.
• The Blue Hose currently rank third in the Big South for batting average (.269), hits (388), home runs (34), and fielding percentage (.970).
• PC’s last seven losses have all been by one run or in extra innings.
• Wednesday’s game at Clemson marks its fourth against a ranked opponent this season (No. 10 Vanderbilt twice, No. 19 Duke).
• Clemson comes in with a 30-11 overall record, fresh off a three-game sweep of Wake Forest over the weekend and a 9-4 win over Kennesaw state on Tuesday night. The Tigers are ranked as high as No. 8 in the national polls.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.95 runs per game and hitting .248 with a .368 on-base percentage and 29 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.43 ERA, .237 opponents’ batting average and 2.30 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .976.
Players Ranked in the Big South and Nationally
• Senior AJ Priaulx leads the Big South in batting average (.392), doubles (13), hits (65), and total bases (96) while ranking 27th, 80th, 9th and 45th nationally in those categories.
• Junior Jonathan White is ranked among the Big South’s top-5 for batting average (.358) and hits (59) while ranking 129th and 40th nationally.
• Sophomore Eric Miles shares the Big South lead with four other pitchers who also have six victories on the season.
• Freshman Grayson Stoneking is tied for seventh in the Big South with 18 pitching appearances.
Team Effort Over South Carolina
• Seven different players recorded at least one hit against the Gamecocks.
• Nick Guimbarda went 2-for-3 with three runs and an RBI batting leadoff.
• Andrew Durden, Austin Paradis, and Grayson Stoneking combined to allow four runs on six hits over the first 6.2 innings of work.
• Russ Branch and Colton Springs did not allow a hit over the last 2.1 innings. In the bottom of the ninth, Springs needed just 13 pitches to strike out the side and pick up his first save of the season.
Going … Going … Gone!
• After hitting just 14 home runs over the first 26 games, the Blue Hose have heated up for 20 home runs over the last 16 games.
• Since March 29, PC has had ten different players record a home run and hit at least two home runs in 7-of-16 games.
• Nick Wise leads the team with seven home runs this season.
The Hits Keep Coming
• The Blue Hose ranks third in the Big South with 388 hits (9.24 per game).
• Jonathan White leads the team with 19 multi-hit games this season.
• AJ Priaulx has hit a perfect 5-for-5 twice this season and 4-for-4 once. Jonathan White (5-for-5), Guy Casaceli (4-for-4) and Nick Guimbarda (3-for-3) have all had perfect days at the plate as well.
• PC has recorded two games with +18 hits for the first time since 2015 when the team had two 19-hit games and a 20-hit game.
• AJ Priaulx eclipsed 100 RBI, 150 hits, and 250 total bases for his career earlier this season and has already established career highs for hits (65) and doubles (13) in a season. Entering the game at Clemson, the senior is one base away from his collegiate best (97) set last season.
• Andrew Bladt is three HBP away from ranking within the program’s top-10 for a season (12).
• AJ Priaulx (164), Nick Wise (109), Nick Guimbarda (102) and TJ Richardson (101) have all eclipsed 100 career hits this season.