• Who: Presbyterian (12-26) at South Carolina (20-16)
• When: Tuesday at 7:00 pm
• Where: Founders Park – Columbia, S.C.
• Live Stats: GamecocksOnline.com
• Live Video: SEC Network+
• Social Media: @PresbyterianBSB (Twitter) | @BlueHoseSports (Twitter)
Series History (since 2008)
• Overall – South Carolina leads 9-1
• in Columbia – South Carolina leads 9-1
• RHP Andrew Durden (0-1) vs RHP Carmen Mlodzinski (1-3)
• The Blue Hose and Gamecocks will meet for the 11th time on the diamond, with the two having met once every season since 2008.
• PC heads into the week tied for sixth in the Big South with a conference record of 6-9.
• The Blue Hose are second in the Big South in hits (362). They are ranked third in batting average (.275), fielding percentage (.970) and home runs (29). PC is fourth in the conference in doubles (54) and runs (217).
• Five of the last six meetings with South Carolina have been decided by three runs or fewer, and only two games in the series have been decided by more than four runs.
Scouting South Carolina
• The Gamecocks are 20-16 overall (6-9 SEC), coming off a three-game road series with #3 Arkansas that saw SC pick up one win, 3-2, and a pair of losses, 2-0 & 3-0.
• SC is batting .265 as a team with 49 home runs on the year. They are led by Jonah Bride with a .305 batting average, LT Tolbert with a team-best 40 hits, 25 runs, and 25 RBI, and Jacob Olson’s nine home runs.
• South Carolina holds an ERA of 4.10 with opposing hitters managing just a .227 average against them.
Players Ranked in the Big South and Nationally
• AJ Priaulx leads the Big South in batting average (.404), hits (63), doubles (13), and total bases (91) while ranking 14th, 4th, 42nd and 28th nationally for those respective categories.
• The senior outfielder is also ranked in the Big South’s top-5 for RBI (34) .
• Jonathan White is ranked in the Big South’s top-10 for batting average (.376), hits (56), runs (33) and OBP (.454). The junior infielder ranks 19th nationally for hits and 71st for batting average.
• Freshman Grayson Stoneking is tied for third in the Big South with 17 pitching appearances.
• Sophomore Eric Miles leads the Big South and is ranked 20th nationally with 6 victories.
The Hits Keep Coming
• The Blue Hose are ranked second in the Big South with 362 hits.
• Jonathan White has recorded at least two hits in 10 of the last 12 games. He leads the team with 18 multi-hit games this season.
• PC has recorded two games with +18 hits for the first time since 2015 when the team had two 19-hit games and a 20-hit game.
• The Blue Hose have at least 10 hits in nine of the last 12 games.
• AJ Priaulx eclipsed 100 RBI and 150 hits for his career earlier this season and has already established career highs for hits (63) and doubles (13) in a season. Entering the week, the senior outfielder has 249 total bases in his career and is six total bases from his collegiate best (97) set last season.
• Andrew Bladt is three HBP away from ranking within the program’s top-10 for a season (12).
• Nick Wise singled in the second inning against Wofford last week to reach 100 career hits.
• TJ Richardson (97) and Nick Guimbarda (97) are also approaching 100 career hits.