• Who: Presbyterian vs. Pittsburgh
• When: Friday – Noon
• Where: Russell C. King Field (Wofford – Spartanburg, S.C.)
• Who: Presbyterian vs. Xavier
• When: Saturday – Noon
• Where: Harley Park (USC Upstate – Spartanburg, S.C.)
• Who: Presbyterian at Wofford
• When: Sunday – 4 p.m.
• Where: Russell C. King Field (Spartanburg, S.C.)
Series Histories (since 2008)
• Overall vs. Pitt – Pitt leads 2-0
• Overall vs. Xavier – XU leads 1-0
• Overall vs. Wofford – PC leads 10-9
• Friday – RHP Eric Miles (PC) vs. RHP Matt Pidich (Pitt)
• Saturday – LHP Connor Jahn (PC) vs. RHP Damien Richard (Xavier)
• Sunday – RHP Tanner Chock (PC) vs. RHP Grant Byers (Wofford)
• PC will play three games in Spartanburg this weekend, including a pair of neutral site games, one at Wofford and one at USC Upstate.
• PC and Pitt will meet for the first time since 2014, while PC and Xavier will meet for the just second time with only other previous meeting coming in 2015.
• PC is in the midst of a stretch that features seven of eight games away from Clinton. The Blue Hose played back-to-back in Nashville earlier this week, before two neutral site contests and a road game this week. PC hosts USC Upstate on Feb. 27, followed by two more neutral site games in Port Charlotte, Fla. next weekend.
Freshman Pitchers Make Debuts
• Through six games this season, six rookie PC hurlers have made their collegiate debuts.
• Andrew Durden, Reagan Fowler, Maxx Harpalani, Patrick McNamara, Austin Paradis and Grayson Stoneking have each debuted on the bump for PC this year.
• Stoneking leads the way with four appearances among the freshman with Durden and Paradis each having made two.
Paradis Shines vs. Vandy
• Austin Paradis made his first career start and second career appearance against 10th-ranked Vanderbilt on Tuesday
• Paradis worked 5.0 innings and allowed just runs on six hits with a strikeout against four walks.
• The lefty allowed just four base runners from the second through the fifth innings.
Miles Strong in First Start
• Eric Miles got the Opening Day start for the Blue Hose and earned the W against La Salle.
• The sophomore went 6.1 innings, the longest outing of any Big South pitcher last weekend, and allowed three runs (one earned) on four hits with three strikeouts against no walks.
• Miles tied the PC Division I era single-season record last season with seven wins in his rookie campaign.
Wise Leading PC at the Plate
• Nick Wise got off to a hot start on the opening weekend, going 8-for-15 (.533) with four doubles, a triple, four runs and four RBIs in four games.
• Wise finished a homer shy of the cycle on Opening Day, as he went 3-for-4 with a double, a triple, two runs and three RBIs.
• The lefty recorded three multi-hit games in the four-game series, while walking twice and reaching two HBPs without recording a strikeout.
• In the series finale, Wise went 2-for-3 with two doubles, two walks and a RBI
• The senior then collected a hit in both games against Vanderbilt and has hit safely in each of the team’s first six games.