Clinton, S.C. – Fresh off a two game trip to California the Presbyterian College women’s basketball team returns to face the USC Upstate Spartans in Spartanburg, S.C. on Wednesday night.
Who: Presbyterian College Blue Hose (0-2) at USC Upstate Spartans (0-1)
When: Wednesday, November 15 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Spartanburg, S.C. – G.B. Hodge Center (837)
Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB
Storey Named Preseason All-Conference
- Senior PG Cortney Storey has been named to 2017-18 Big South Preseason All-Conference team. She was the 2014-15 Freshman of the Year, 2015-16 Big South Honorable Mention and 2016-17 Big South Second Team honoree.
- Storey is the first preseason honoree since Karlee Taylor in 2013-14.
Storey and Miles Nearing 1,000
- Seniors Storey and Janie Miles both enter their senior campaigns with a reasonable shot of surpassing 1,000 career points. Storey sits at 915 points after the first two games of the season while Miles has 789.
- Following the opening weekend Storey has 915 points, 352 assists and 163 steals. She is approaching becoming the first Blue Hose player in the Division I era to have 1,000 points, 400 assists and 200 steals in her career.
- Miles sits at 789 career points heading into the USC Upstate game.
Storey off to Hot Start
- Storey was named Big South Player of the Week following her 40 points, eight rebounds, and six assists effort in PC’s two game California trip.
- She scored 22 points in the season opener at San Diego State, her seventh career 20-point effort. She followed that up with 18 points at No. 7 UCLA and was the game’s leading scorer on both days.
- Her 40 points in the first two games of the season are her most ever to start a season. It was also the fourth most scored in any two game stretch for her career. She had 45 on one occasion and 41 on two other occasions.
Blue Hose Go For 10+ Again
- PC enters this season with three straight 10+ win Big South campaigns. The Blue Hose have achieved that feat four of the last five seasons overall.
- Overall they have won 10+ conference games in 13 of the last 30 seasons with nine coming as members of the South Atlantic Conference and four in the Big South.
Freshmen Receiving Playing Time
- So far this season 10 of the Blue Hose 15 players have received playing time, five of those players are freshmen.
- Macee Tamminen, Tess Santos, Kiara Jackson, Mattie Kennedy and Briley Buckner have all combined to play 132 minutes this season in two games. They have contributed 8.5 points and 9.0 rebounds per game so far.
Blue Hose versus Upstate
- PC and USC Upstate have met on the basketball court 39 times with the Spartans leading 21-18.
- Prior to the game last season PC and Upstate had not met since 2011-12. The Spartans won 55-48 in last season’s battle. PC had defeated Upstate 72-64 in the meeting before that.
- The two teams have only met five times as Division I opponents with the Spartans winning four of those battles.
Scouting the Spartans
- The Spartans are off to an 0-1 start as they fell to East Carolina 66-53 in their season opener.
- This is Upstate’s home opener. They travel to Virginia Tech and Campbell before coming back home.
- Upstate is in the Atlantic Sun but play four Big South members in its non-conference portion of the schedule. The Spartans host PC and UNC Asheville while traveling to Campbell and Gardner-Webb.
- In their first game the Spartans were led by Rylie Parkhurst with 14 points and Anda Kuzmina with 11 points. Riley Popplewell led the way with seven rebounds.
- Tammy George is in season 12 as the Spartans head coach and season 14 at USC Upstate.