Who: Presbyterian College (3-4-1, 1-0-0) vs. Gardner-Webb (3-3-1, 0-1-0)
When: Saturday, September 30 – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Martin Stadium – Clinton, S.C.
Social Media: @Bluehosesoccer
Hot Start in Big South Play:
- In 2016 PC defeated High Point and Winthrop in their first two Big South games to start 2-0 in BSC play for the first time ever.
- With a win over Winthrop the Blue Hose will be trying to start 2-0 in BSC play two years in a row.
- Gardner-Webb defeated PC 3-2 in 2OT in 2016.
Blue Hose Team Notes:
- The Blue Hose have scored nine goals on 71 shots this season, good for a .127 shot percentage.
- They have held the opposition to 10 goals on 113 shots for a .088 shot percentage.
- PC has taken 32 corner kicks this season and are -25 overall in corner kicks.
- Presbyterian College averages 8.9 shots per game compared to 14.1 for their opponents.
- Overall seven individual players have recorded a goal and 11 have recorded a point.
- The Blue Hose are T-3 in goals allowed average (1.25), and fourth in goals against average (1.22).
- PC is T-4 in total saves (33) and T-3 shutouts (2).
Blue Hose Individual Notes:
- The Blue Hose are led in points by Sergio Pinto (5) with two goals and one assist.
- Freshman Clement Vannier also has two goals on the season.
- Adrian Edo Martin is the only Blue Hose with multiple assists (2).
- Conor Behrend has played in and started six matches playing 560:00 minutes. He has allowed six goals while recording 23 saves.
- Behrend has 0.96 goals allowed average and a .793 save percentage.
- Pinto is T-2 in game winning goals with two.
- Behrend is second in the Big South with a 0.96 goals against average, second in save percentage (.793) and third with two shutouts.
Scouting the Runnin’ Bulldogs:
- Gardner-Webb is 3-3-1 on the season, 0-1-0 in Big South play as they fell to Liberty on Tuesday night by a 1-0 score.
- In seven games the Runnin’ Bulldogs have scored 18 goals on 86 shots while allowing 13 goals on 107 shots.
- GWU has a .209 shot percentage and allows the opposition to shoot at a .121 percentage clip.
- Gardner-Webb is -2 in corner kick attempts as they have taken 36 and given up 38.
- Magnus Moldjord leads the way with six goals and two assists for 14 points this season. Severin Soerlie has also scored five goals and three assists for 13 points.
- Jack Hoey also has three assists to lead the Runnin’ Bulldogs with Soerlie.
- Jacob Beyer has played all 676:11 minutes and allowed 13 goals with 31 saves for a .705 save percentage.
Gardner-Webb and PC have played 25 times with the Runnin’ Bulldogs lead 13-11-1. The last PC win was in 2007.