Who: Presbyterian College Blue Hose (2-4-1) at Winthrop Eagles (2-4-1)
When: Saturday, September 23 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Eagle Field – Rock Hill, S.C.
Live Video: BSN
Social Media: @BlueHoseSoccer
Conference Play Begins:
- PC is 3-2 in their last five conference openers.
- The Blue Hose have not played Winthrop in the conference opener since 2010.
Blue Hose Team Notes:
- The Blue Hose are T-5 in the Big South in goals per game (1.00) this season.
- PC is ranked 3 in total saves on the season with 32.
- On the season the Blue Hose have a .130 shot percentage (7-54) compared to their opponents .092 (10-109).
Blue Hose Individual Notes:
- Sergio Pinto is T-10 in total points so far this season (4), total goals (2) and goals per game (0.29).
- Pinto is T-1 in game winning goals (2).
- Connor Behrend is ranked 4 in goals against average (1.15), save percentage (.786).
- Behrend is ranked 3 in saves per game (4.4) and 6 in total saves (22).
- The Eagles have outscored the opposition by a 12-9 score so far an average of 1.71 – 1.29.
- Winthrop has a .179 shot percentage compared to .066 opponent shot percentage.
- Winthrop has 14 assists on 12 goals this season.
- Max Hasenstab leads the way for Winthrop with six goals and two assists for 14 points on the season.
- Rasmus Arousell has three goals to be second on the team.
- Kenneth Perkinson is the leader in goal as he has played all 666:16 minutes in goal. He has 40 saves on 49 shots on goal against him, a .816 save percentage.
- Winthrop is led by head coach Daniel Ridenhour who is in his second season as the head coach after 10+ years as an assistant.
- PC and Winthrop have faced each other 19 times all-time. The Blue Hose won for the first time in last season’s game by a 3-1 score.
- Winthrop is 18-1-0 in the series.