• Who: Presbyterian (23-23) vs. USC Upstate (18-25)
• When: Wednesday – 3 p.m.
• Where: PC Baseball Complex – Clinton, S.C.
• Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
• Live Video: Big South Network
• Social Media – @PresbyterianBSB (Twitter) | @BlueHoseSports (Twitter/Instagram)
• Admission is free
Series Histories (since 2008)
• Overall vs. Davidson - PC leads 4-3
• at Davidson - Davidson leads 3-2
• Overall vs. USC Upstate - Upstate leads 9-7
• at PC - PC leads 5-2
• PC and Davidson will meet on the diamond for the first time since 2015, a 5-4 Davidson victory in Davidson, N.C. Prior to that, PC had won four straight in the series.
• PC and USC Upstate will wrap the season series in Clinton. The Spartans claimed the earlier matchup in Spartanburg with a 5-4 win.
• The Blue Hose head in to the week with an 11-7 Big South record, good for sole possession of third place in the league.
• PC is second in the Big South in hits (378) and leads the league in sac bunts (40). The Blue Hose come in second in the league in ERA (4.45), fourth in opponent batting average (.259) and fourth in strikeouts (333).
• In conference action, PC leads the league with a 2.47 ERA and is second in opponent batting average with a .229 average.
• The Wildcats enter Tuesday's game with a 22-19 record overall, having lost three of their last four after dropping two of three to George Washington over the weekend.
• Davidson holds a .274 team batting average with 41 home runs on the season. It is led by Will Robertson with a .349 average, while Brian Fortier leads the team with 12 home runs and 39 RBIs.
• On the bump, the Wildcats have a 4.81 ERA as a team with opponents hitting .294 against them. Josh Hudson will take the ball on Tuesday with a 1-3 record and a 6.26 ERA in eight outings (six starts) on the year.
Scouting USC Upstate
• The Spartans come to Clinton with an 18-25 record overall after having the week off due to exams.
• USC Upstate holds a .284 team batting average with 15 triples and 15 home runs on the season. Charlie Carpenter leads the team with a .344 average, seven home runs and 31 RBIs.
• Upstate pitching has a 5.46 ERA with opponents batting .292 against them. They will send Blake Whitney to the bump on Wednesday with a 5-5 record and a 6.32 ERA in 17 appearances (nine starts.)
Players Rank in Big South and Nationally
• Brian Kehner leads the Big South in strikeout-to-walk ratio (8.29) and walks allowed per nine innings (0.83). He ranks 7th and 4th in the nation in two categories, respectively.
• Eric Miles is second in the Big South with a 2.70 ERA.
• Hayden Deal has 65 strikeouts, third in the Big South.
• Tyler Weyenberg leads the Big South in sac bunts with nine on the season, 26th in the nation. Cletis Avery is fourth in the conference with eight and TJ Richardson is sixth with seven.
• Avery is fifth in the conference in stolen bases (16) and ranks 51st nationally.
• Ryan Hedrick has seven saves, second-most in the Big South and 56th nationally.
• Eric Miles leads the team with five wins this season, tied for third in the Big South.
Auckland Extends Streak to 11 Games
• Brett Auckland extended his current hitting streak to 11 games over the weekend, tying for the longest streak by a PC player this season.
• The lefty is 15-for-36 (.417) with three doubles, a homer, six runs and five RBIs over the 11-game stretch.
• Auckland has a pair of three-hit games during the streak, both coming on Wednesdays against Furman and Duke.
• The streak has allowed him to raise his batting to .308, second-highest mark on the team to date.
Close Games the Norm
• PC has played 19 one-run games with eight others decided by three runs or less.
• The Blue Hose are 11-8 in one-run games with a 15-12 record in all games decided three runs or less.
• Eleven of PC's 18 Big South games to date have been decided by three runs or less, including all three games against Radford.
Chock Named Big South Pitcher of the Week
• PC hurler Tanner Chock was named the Big South Pitcher of the Week on Monday for his performance against Gardner-Webb on Saturday.
• The righty held the Runnin' Bulldogs to just one run on two hits in 8.0 innings of work in PC's 2-1 win.
• Chock recorded nine strikeouts, his second highest total of the year, against just two walks to earn his second victory of the season
• He retired the final 20 batters he faced, including six straight 1-2-3 innings from the third to the eighth innings.
• In his last two starts against Gardner-Webb, Chock has allowed one run on four hits in 17.0 innings of work with 16 strikeouts against two walks to go 2-0.
Casaceli Getting on Base
• Senior Glen Casaceli saw his reached base streak reach 20 games last Friday before coming to an end in game one of Saturday's doubleheader against High Point.
• The third baseman collected a hit in 17 of the 20 games with at least one walk in the remaining three games.
• The righty moved in to the leadoff spot on April 4, where he has remained since, going 19-for-51 (.373) with 10 runs and four RBIs, while drawing seven walks for a .432 on-base percentage.
• Casaceli recorded nine-game hitting streak from March 19 to April 7. He then recorded a seven-game hitting streak from April 9-21 to collect a hit in 16 of his last 17 games at the time.
• Since the reach base streak started on March 10, Casaceli has seen his batting average improve over 100 points to .298.