• Who: Presbyterian (21-21) at Duke (21-21)
• When: Wednesday – 6 p.m.
• Where: Jack Coombs Field – Durham, N.C.
• Live Stats: GoDuke.com
• Live Audio: Sunny 103.5 FM
• Live Video: ACC Network Extra
• Social Media – @PresbyterianBSB (Twitter) | @BlueHoseSports (Twitter/Instagram)
Series History (since 2008)
• Overall - Duke leads 4-1
• at Duke - Duke leads 2-1
• LHP Hunter Kyzar (PC) vs. LHP Adam Laskey (DU)
• PC and Duke will meet for the sixth time since PC moved to Division I. The Blue Hose won the last meeting against the Blue Devils with a 3-2 victory at Duke in 2012. All five previous meetings have been decided by two runs or less.
• The Blue Hose enter the week tied for second in the Big South standings with a 9-6 mark in conference action, same as Liberty with both one game back of Winthrop.
• PC is third in the Big South in hits (370) and leads the league in sac bunts (38). The Blue Hose come in second in the league in ERA (4.37), fourth in opposing batting average (.262) and fourth in strikeouts (301).
• In conference action, PC leads the league with a 2.39 ERA and is second in opponent batting average with a .232 average.
• The Blue Hose rank 11th nationally in sac bunts.
• The Blue Devils enter Wednesday’s game with the same 21-21 record as PC with an 8-13 mark in ACC play, after dropping two of three to No. 2 Louisville over the weekend.
• Duke is batting .270 as a team with 31 home runs and 52 stolen bases on the year. Griffin Conine leads the team with a .331 average, 12 home runs and 50 RBIs.
• On the bump, Duke has 5.18 ERA with opposing hitters managing a .260 average against them. Lefty Adam Laskey takes the mound on Wednesday, holding a 7.82 ERA in 35.2 innings across 10 apperances (eight starts) with an opponent batting average of .359.
Players Rank in Big South and Nationally
• Brian Kehner leads the Big South in strikeout-to-walk ratio (7.71) and walks allowed per nine innings (0.90). He ranks 13th and 10th in the nation in two categories, respectively.
• Kehner is also sixth in the Big South in ERA at 2.97
• Hayden Deal has totaled 57 strikeouts, good for second in the Big South.
• Cletis Avery and Tyler Weyenberg are tied for third in the Big South in sac bunts with eight apiece.
• Avery is second in the conference in stolen bases (16) and ranks 34th nationally.
• Ryan Hedrick is third the Big South in saves (6) and ranks 66th nationally.
• Brian Kehner and Eric Miles lead the team with four wins this season, tied for seventh in the Big South.
Casaceli Getting on Base
• Senior Glen Casaceli saw his reached base streak reach 20 games last Friday before coming to an end in game one of Saturday’s game.
• The third baseman collected a hit in 17 of the 20 games with at least one walk in the remaining three games.
• The righty moved in to the leadoff spot on April 4, where he has remained since, going 16-for-47 (.340) with nine runs and three RBIs, while drawing seven walks for a .446 on-base percentage.
• Casaceli recorded nine-game hitting streak from March 19 to April 7. He then recorded a seven-game hitting streak from April 9-21 to collect a hit in 16 of his last 17 games at the time.
• Since the reach base streak started on March 10, Casaceli has seen his batting average improve from .190 to .302.
Friday is for the Captain
• Senior captain left-handed pitcher Brian Kehner has certainly proved to be every bit a Friday starter.
• Over his last six starts, Kehner is 4-1 with a 1.21 ERA, allowing just six earned runs in 44.2 innings pitched with 31 strikeouts against four walks.
• The lefty leads the Big South in innings pitched in conference games (35.2), while ranking third with a 1.51 ERA in Big South action.
• He earned his first career shutout in his first 9.0 inning complete game vs. Army on March 17, allowing just two hits in a 9-0 victory with eight strikeouts against one walk.
• Kehner has worked at least 7.0 innings in seven of his 10 starts with two complete games. He has recorded three outings with zero earned runs and has not allowed more than three runs in any Big South start this season.
Coleman Homers Twice Against High Point
• Thatcher Coleman hit his first two home runs in a PC uniform in PC’s 13-1 win over High Point on Friday.
• The righty hit solo shots in the third and eighth innings, both going out to left field at the PC Baseball Complex.
• It was the first two-homer game by a PC player since last season when Ryan Hedrick hit two home runs at UNC Asheville on April 2.
• As a team, PC hit three home runs in the game, its second three-homer game of the year after also doing so against NC Central on April 4.
Priaulx Still Swinging It
• AJ Priaulx continues to lead the team at the plate this season, compiling a .307 batting average and a .489 slugging percentage, both tops on the squad. He also leads the team with four home runs and 27 RBIs.
• The junior has had hitting streaks of 10 games and seven games this season, two of the longest on the team this season.
• The lefty has paced the team with 12 multi-hit games and is tied for second with seven multi-RBI games.