Who: Presbyterian (7-13, 5-4) at Charleston Southern (11-9, 5-4)
When: Saturday, February 4 – 3 p.m. ET
Where: Buccaneer Field House – North Charleston, S.C.
Blue Hose on the road at Charleston Southern
• PC travels to North Charleston, S.C. this Saturday, February 4 as the Blue Hose take on Charleston Southern in the Buccaneer Field House. Tipoff is scheduled for 3 p.m. ET.
• PC is coming off a victory over Radford, who sits atop the Big South standings.
Last Time Out
• PC overcame a 15-point Radford lead to earn a 58-54 comeback win Tuesday night at the Templeton Center.
• Cortney Storey finished with 16 points, eight rebounds, five assists, and a career-high seven steals to lead the Blue Hose in the win. The junior guard shot 6-for-10 from the field, including 1-for-2 from beyond the arc, and converted 3-of-5 shots from the free-throw line.
• Taylor Petty followed with 15 points after going 3-for-5 from the field, 2-for-4 from deep, and 7-of-8 from the line. She added three rebounds, an assist, and a steal.
• PC shot 19-of-50 (38.0 percent) from the floor, 6-of-19 (31.6 percent) from deep, and 14-of-19 (73.7 percent) from the charity stripe.
• PC tallied a season-high 14 steals in the game. The team recorded 12 steals in games at East Carolina on November 28 and at Winthrop on January 21.
• The Blue Hose committed fewer turnovers (15-23) and held the advantage in steals (14-4), points off turnovers (20-14), second-chance points (5-4), fast-break points (6-0), and bench productivity (30-10). The game featured one tie and one lead change.
Scouting the Buccaneers
• Charleston Southern started strong, but could not hold off UNC Asheville as the Bulldogs won 56-47 Tuesday night at Kimmel Arena. The Buccaneers shot 18-of-56 (32.1 percent) from the floor, 2-of-16 (12.5 percent) from deep, and 9-of-12 (75.0 percent) from the line.
• Ke’Asia Jackson leads the team with 15.3 points per game, followed by Alyssa Mann with 11.2 points per game. Mann is the hot-hand from beyond the arc with 26 three-pointers on the year. Elyse Kiploks is the top rebounder with 6.3 boards per game.
• The Buccaneers lead the conference in steals per game (9.2) and turnover margin (+5.45) and are second in assists per game (12.7). The team is tied for second in the Big South in assist-to-turnover ratio (0.8). Charleston Southern is shooting 37.6 percent from the field, 26.2 percent from deep, and 65.9 percent from the free-throw line.
• Saturday’s game marks the 24th meeting between the two programs. PC leads the all-time series 12-11 and has won the last seven meetings.
• The Blue Hose earned a 50-48 comeback victory over the Bucs on January 17 at the Templeton Center. PC converted 9-of-10 free-throws in the fourth quarter to overcome an eight point CSU lead. Cortney Storey, Kacie Hall, and Aianna Kelly each netted 10 points to lead PC in the victory.
• The game featured nine ties and 10 lead changes.
PC Rankings in the Big South
• Presbyterian leads the conference in free-throw percentage (75.8) and three-point field goals made (151).
• The Blue Hose are third in turnover margin (+1.40).
Storey Leads the Way
• Storey leads PC with 12.3 points per game and has scored double-digit points in 14 of the last 17 games.
• Storey has converted on 83-of-208 shots (39.9 percent), including 21-of-83 (25.3 percent) from behind the three-point line. She has also made 58-of-72 (80.6 percent) free-throw attempts.
• The Preseason All-Big South selection is second in the Big South in minutes played (36.0) and assists and is third in free-throw percentage (80.6).
• Storey recorded the first double-double of her career with 19 points and 10 assists against UNCG on December 15.Next Time Out
• The Blue Hose are on the road next Tuesday, February 7 as PC plays UNC Asheville in a 7 p.m. ET Big South game at Kimmel Arena.