Who: Presbyterian (4-11, 2-2) vs. Charleston Southern (8-7, 2-2)
When: Tuesday, January 17 – 7 p.m. ET
Where: Templeton Center – Clinton, S.C.
Watch: Big South Network
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast Live
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
PC hosts Charleston Southern Tuesday
• Presbyterian is at home on Tuesday, January 17 as the Blue Hose host the Charleston Southern Buccaneers for a 7 p.m. ET Big South game at the Templeton Center.
• PC looks to rebound from a pair of conference losses to Liberty and Campbell last week.
Last Time Out
• Campbell bested the Blue Hose 49-39 on Saturday afternoon at the Templeton Center.
• Taylor Petty finished with 11 points and a rebound to lead the Blue Hose in scoring. The sophomore guard shot 2-for-4 from the floor, including 1-of-2 from beyond the arc, and made 6-of-8 shots from the line.
• Right behind Petty in scoring was Cortney Storey with nine points, followed by Aianna Kelly and Salina Virola with five points each. Storey collected a rebound and had three assists, a block, and a steal. Virola had a team-high five boards, while Janie Miles led the team with four assists.
• PC shot 28.0 percent (14-of-50) from the field, 18.5 percent (5-of-27) from deep, and 60.0 percent (6-of-10) from the charity stripe.
• PC had more bench production, outscoring the Camels’ bench 15-10.
Scouting the Buccaneers
• Charleston Southern is coming off a 71-52 win over Winthrop on Saturday. The Buccaneers shot 40.0 percent (30-of-75) from the floor, 10.5 percent (2-of-19) from long range, and 56.3 percent (9-of-16) from the free-throw line.
• Ke’Asia Jackson leads the Buccaneers with 15.9 points per game, followed by Alyssa Man with 12.9 points per game and Rachel Burns with 10.1 points per game. Mann leads the team in three-pointers with 26, while Elyse Kiploks is the top rebounder with 107 boards.
• Charleston Southern is averaging 64.4 points and holds a +5.5 turnover margin. The Buccaneers are shooting 37.2 percent from the field, 26.6 percent from three-point range, and 64.8 percent from the line.
• Tuesday’s game marks the 23rd meeting between the two programs. PC has won the last six meetings and holds a 6-4 record at the Templeton Center.
• The teams last met on February 9 last season, with the Blue Hose earning a 52-37 win at home. Salina Virola led all scorers with 15 points and added three rebounds and two steals. Allie Wagner added 11 points and pulled down four rebounds, while Rebecca Walker grabbed a team-high six boards.
• PC used a 15-0 run in the third quarter to pull away and forced 20-plus turnovers for the second straight game. The team scored 17 points off 24 Buccaneers turnovers.
Storey Leads the Way
• Cortney Storey leads PC with 12.3 points per game on the season. The junior guard has scored double-digit points in 10 of the last 12 games.
• Storey has converted on 61-of-157 shots (38.9 percent), including 15-of-67 (22.4 percent) from behind the three-point line, on the year. She has also made 47-of-59 (79.7 percent) of her free-throw attempts.
• Storey recorded the first double-double of her career with 19 points and 10 assists against UNCG on December 15.Next Time Out
• PC makes the trip north to Rock Hill, S.C. this Saturday, January 21 as the Blue Hose square off against the Winthrop Eagles at 1 p.m. ET in the Winthrop Coliseum.