Who: Presbyterian (2-7) vs Belmont (7-5)
When: Thursday, December 22 – 12 p.m. ET
Where: Templeton Center - Clinton, S.C.
Watch: Big South Network
Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
PC Hosts Belmont Thursday
• Presbyterian will host Belmont this Thursday at the Templeton Center in Clinton, S.C. for a noon contest.
• It will be PC’s first home game in over a month and the team's last game before the holiday break.
Last Time Out
• PC earned a 72-63 win at N.C. Central on December 20 in Durham, N.C., the team’s second victory on the year.
• Cortney Storey led the Blue Hose with 22 points, eight assists and three steals. The guard was 6-of-8 from the field and made 9-of-13 shots from the free-throw line.
• Storey was just shy of a double-double. The Big South Player of the Week recorded the first of her career last week in a win at UNCG.
• The Blue Hose had four players reach double-digit scoring, the first time the team has done so this season. Taylor Petty made four three-pointers and finished with 15 points. Salina Virola and Janie Miles each contributed 11 points.
• PC made 11 shots from beyond the arc, the most three-pointers in a game this season.
Scouting the Bruins
• Belmont enters Thursday’s matchup with a 7-5 record and is coming off a 78-72 overtime win over IUPUI on Sunday. The Bruins shot 44.3 percent from the field, 23.5 percent from beyond the arc, and 76.9 percent from the charity stripe in the win.
• The Bruins are led by Darby Maggard, who comes in averaging 14.4 points per game and 5.7 assists per game. She has made 47.5 percent of field goals this year, while going 42-of-92 from behind the arc to lead the team in three-pointers. Kylee Smith follows with 13.8 points per game and 4.4 rebounds per game, while Sally McCabe contributes 10.6 points, 8.2 boards, and 2.7 blocks per game.
• Belmont enters Thursday’s matchup averaging 73.2 points per game with a scoring margin of +6.8 across its 12 games. The Bruins are shooting 40.8 percent from the field, 34.9 percent from beyond the arc, and 69.4 percent from the free-throw line. With 43.8 boards per game, the team is out-rebounding its opponents by a margin of +10.8.
• Thursday’s game marks the first meeting between the two programs.
Storey Named Big South Player of the Week
• Storey was named the Big South Player of the Week by the league on December 19. It marks the second time this season the junior guard has earned the distinction and makes her the first PC player to receive multiple Big South Player of the Week awards.
• Storey recorded the first double-double of her career, scoring 19 points and 10 assists to help lead the Blue Hose in its only game of the week, a 69-62 victory at UNCG on December 15. She was also just shy of a triple-double with eight rebounds.
• The Preseason All-Big South selection leads the team in points per game (12.2), assists (35), and steals (15) and is tied in rebounds per game (4.2).
Storey Leads the Way
• Storey leads PC with 12.2 points per game on the season. The junior guard has scored double-digit points in five of the last six games.
• Storey has converted on 37-of-88 shots (42.0 percent), including 11-of-40 (27.5 percent) from behind the three-point line, on the year.
• Storey recorded the first double-double of her career with 19 points and 10 assists against UNCG on December 15.Next Time Out
• PC returns from the holiday break with a 2 p.m. ET home matchup with Chattanooga on Friday, December 30.