Who: Presbyterian (0-7) at UNCG (5-5)
When: Thursday, December 15 – 11 a.m. ET
Where: Michael B. Fleming Gymnasium - Greensboro, N.C.
Watch: SDN Video
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast Live
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
PC Heads to North Carolina to Face UNCG
• Presbyterian heads up to Greensboro, North Carolina to take on UNCG on Thursday at 11 a.m. ET.
• It will be PC’s sixth straight road game as a part of its seven-game road trip.
• PC will not return home until December 22 when its hosts Belmont, marking over a month between home games.
Last Time Out
• PC dropped its seventh in a row, a 79-39 loss to Gonzaga on December 3 in Spokane, Wash.
• Cortney Storey netted 14 points and pulled down six boards to lead the Blue Hose in the game. The guard shot 4-of-12 from the field, including a pair of threes, and went a perfect 4-for-4 from the charity stripe.
•Taylor Petty and Kacie Hall each contributed nine points. It was a season high for Petty, while Hall was just shy of two straight games with at least 10 points after an 11-point effort against ECU on November 28.
• Presbyterian was nearly perfect from the free-throw line, making 10-of-11 shots for a percentage of 90.9, its highest of the season with at least 10 attempts.
Scouting the Spartans
• UNCG enters Thursday’s matchup with a 5-5 record and is coming off a 65-54 loss to VCU on Sunday. The Spartans shot 41.7 percent from the field and made 76.9 percent of their shots from the charity stripe in the loss.
• The Spartans are led by Nadine Soliman, who comes in averaging 16.5 points per game and 4.8 rebounds per game. She has made 41.4 percent of field goals on the year, while going 21-for-67 from behind the arc to lead the team in three-pointers. Te’ja Twitty adds 9.5 points per game and 6.5 rebounds per game with Bailey Williams contributing 8.6 points and 3.7 boards per game.
• UNCG enters Thursday’s matchup averaging 66.1 points per game with a scoring margin of +7.2 across its 10 games. The Spartans average 41.8 rebounds per game, 6.1 better than their opponents, and benefit from a defense that averages 9.7 steals per game.
• Saturday’s meeting between the two will be the first in the history of the two programs.
Storey Named Big South Player of the Week
• Cortney Storey was named the Big South Player of the Week by the league on November 28. The junior guard is the first PC player to be the conference Player of the Week since 2012-13.
• Storey totaled a season-high 26 points against Texas Southern on November 25 in PC’s only game of the week, adding four assists and four steals. Her total was just one point shy of her career high and was the second-most points by a Big South player this season.
• The Preseason All-Big South selection leads the team in rebounds (26), assists (17), and steals (11) and is second on team in scoring at 9.9 points per game.
Miles Leads the Way
• Janie Miles leads PC with 10.6 points per game on the season. The junior guard has scored double-digit points in each of the team’s first four games, before reaching just eight points against Texas Southern on November 25.
• Miles has converted on 25-of-53 shots (47.2 percent), including 12-of-31 (39.7) from behind the three-point line, on the year.
• Miles recorded the first double-double of her career with 15 points and 11 rebounds against ECU on November 28. It was the first double-double by a PC player since Aianna Kelly had 10 points and 11 rebounds against Longwood on February 1 last season.
Next Time Out
• PC’s seven-game road trip concludes with a stop at N.C. Central on December 20 at 2 p.m. ET.