Who: Presbyterian (0-1) vs. USC Upstate (1-0)
When: Monday, November 13 – 7 p.m.
Where: Templeton Center – Clinton, S.C.
Watch: Big South Network
Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
PC Opens Home Slate vs. USC Upstate
• Presbyterian will play host to USC Upstate in its home opener on Monday night in the Templeton Center in Clinton, S.C.
• The Blue Hose have won their last two home openers and three of their last four. Last season, PC topped Warren Wilson, 95-56, in its home opener.
• It will be PC’s earliest home opener in terms of date since 2013, when it also opened its home schedule on November 14, falling to NC Central, 55-44.
Last Time Out
• PC fell to 23rd-ranked Indiana, 71-39, in its season opener on Friday at Assembly Hall in Bloomington, Ind. The Hoosiers used strong first and fourth quarters, in which they held PC to less than 10 points in each, en route to the win. IU forced 19 turnovers, leading to 26 points in the first game of the season for both teams.
• Janie Miles led the way for PC with 12 points on 5-of-8 shooting. Rebecca Walker added nine points and three rebounds, while Taylor Petty had eight points and three rebounds.
Scouting the Spartans
• USC Upstate defeated Converse, 95-35, at home in its season opener on Friday night.
• Vanessa Agrusa led the Spartans with a career-high 16 points in the win, while also pulling down a career-high five rebounds. Coco Ritter also finished with a new career-high 12 points as five Spartans finished in double figures.
• Friday’s victory over Converse was the 200th career win for Upstate head coach Tammy George. Of George’s 200 victories, 157 have come at Upstate.
• It will be Upstate’s first trip to Clinton since 2010 when the Spartans earned a 78-73 victory over the Blue Hose.
• PC and USC Upstate have met 38 times on the hardwood with the Spartans holding a 20-18 advantage all-time. The first 19 meetings came when PC was an NAIA, while the next 15 meetings were during PC’s Division II era. USC Upstate holds a 3-1 advantage since PC became Division I in 2007.
• The two schools will meet for the first time since 2011, when PC defeated the Spartans, 72-64, in Spartanburg.
• It will be the first matchup between the two in Clinton since 2010, a 78-73 USC Upstate victory.
A New Era
• Todd Steelman was named Presbyterian College’s seventh women’s basketball head coach on April 27, 2016, and is the program’s second coach since moving to Division I beginning with the 2007-08 season. Steelman is in his first season as a head coach at any institution.
• Steelman comes from the University of Maine where he spent four seasons as associate head coach.
Next Time Out
• The Blue Hose begin a seven-game road stretch with a road game at Virginia Tech on Wednesday, November 16 at 7 p.m.