CLINTON, S.C. – The Presbyterian College men’s tennis team defeated Campbell, 5-2, on Monday in Buies Creek, N.C. The Blue Hose improved to 2-0 in Big South play on the season, while earning their sixth victory of the year overall.
The Blue Hose claimed the doubles point with wins on courts one and two. Alexander Lykou and Brandon Mills earned a 7-5 win at No. 1 and Danny Bruce and Ben Kelley won at No. 2, 7-6, in a close second set.
In singles, PC won four of the six matches en route to the victory. Alejandro Bejar won 7-5, 6-4 at No. 2 to mark his fifth singles win of the season. Bruce then won 6-3, 6-4 at No. 3 for his seventh singles win of the year.
Mills continued his recent success with his fourth straight victory, a 6-2, 7-5 win on court five. Kelley then earned his team-leading ninth win with a 6-4, 6-4 win at No. 6.
PC returns to the court looking for its third straight conference win on March 16 against UNC Asheville at 2 p.m.
Presbyterian 5, Campbell 2
1. Lukas Schaefer (CAM-M) def. LYKOU, Alexander (PC) 7-5, 6-4
2. BEJAR, Alejandro (PC) def. Lorenz Schwab (CAM-M) 7-5, 6-4
3. BRUCE, Danny (PC) def. Gerard Sola (CAM-M) 6-3, 6-4
4. Nicolas Rakitin (CAM-M) def. MANZANAS, Diego (PC) 6-2, 6-2
5. MILLS, Brandon (PC) def. Dustin Werner (CAM-M) 6-2, 7-5
6. KELLEY, Ben (PC) def. Giorgi Datashvili (CAM-M) 6-4, 6-4
1. LYKOU, Alexander/MILLS, Brandon (PC) def. Jonathan O'Neal/Lorenz Schwab (CAM-M) 7-5
2. BRUCE, Danny/KELLEY, Ben (PC) def. Lukas Schaefer/Dustin Werner (CAM-M) 7-6 (7-4)
3. Nicolas Rakitin/Gerard Sola (CAM-M) def. MANZANAS, Diego/BEJAR, Alejandro (PC) 6-4