Final Score: Kennesaw State 56, Presbyterian 0
Location: Kennesaw, Ga. (Fifth Third Bank Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (2-2, 0-1) | No. 3 Kennesaw State (5-1, 1-0)
Kennesaw, Ga. – The Presbyterian College Football team was unable to contain the Big South preseason favorite as the hosts picked up a 56-0 victory in Saturday’s league opener.
- Wide receiver Keith Pearson led the Blue Hose offense with five catches for 84 yards which included a season long for PC offense with a 66-yard reception from freshman Jordan Morgan.
- Trent Carrington set a new career-high with 15 tackles including 10 solo tackles in Saturdays contest.
- Senior Gyasi Yeldell picked up a first quarter fumble recovery for the teams second on the season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Owls got on the board following a Presbyterian interception with a 25 yard touchdown pass to take the early 7-0 lead.
- Kennesaw State extended its lead with a one yard rushing score to end the opening quarter up 14-0.
- The home team added a pair of rushing scores in the second to give them a 28-0 lead at the half.
- Owls scored on their opening drive of the third quarter before adding touchdowns on each of the next two drives to take a 49-0 lead.
- KSU picked up a touchdown late in the fourth to give us the final score for this afternoon’s contest.
- The Blue Hose return to Bailey Memorial Stadium on Saturday October 13th for a 12 p.m. kickoff against future Big South foe Hampton. The game will be broadcast on ESPN+.