What: Big South Tournament Semifinal Game
Who: Presbyterian College (6-8-3) at Radford (10-4-3)
When: Wednesday, Nov. 8 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Radford, Va. – Cupp Memorial Stadium
Social Media: @BlueHoseSoccer
Blue Hose Advance to Semifinals:
- This is the Blue Hose third trip to the Big South Tournament and second year in a row that they have advanced to the semifinals.
- In 2016 they defeated Liberty 2-1 before tying Radford 1-1 and falling in PK’s. This season they are coming off a 2-1 defeat of Campbell.
- PC and Radford tied 1-1 in their regular season meeting.
- PC is now 2-1-1 in their four Big South Tournament games.
Hernandez, O’Hara Find Great Time to Score First Career Goal:
- Ricardo Hernandez got the scoring started for PC on Sunday night, it was his first career goal. He previously had four career assists.
- Kellan O’Hara gave the Blue Hose a cushion on Sunday night with his first career goal, he had three assists already on the season.
Blue Hose Team Notes:
- PC won its sixth game of the season, it was the second year in a row they have reached the six-win mark.
- Before 2016 the Blue Hose had not reached six wins since 2006 (8) their final season in Division II.
- Presbyterian has now scored a Division I era record 23 goals this season, they average 1.35 goals per game also a Division I era record.
- They have assisted on 19 of 23 goals.
- PC has a .118 shot percentage while holding the opposition to a .098 shot percentage.
- The Blue Hose 23 goals have been scored by 13 different players, 14 have contributed a goal or assist.
- PC is fifth in the Big South in points per game (3.82), tied-fourth in goals per game (1.35), fifth in assists per game (1.12), fourth in goals against average (1.19), and fourth in corners per game (4.76).
Blue Hose Individual Notes:
- PC is led in scoring by freshman Clement Vannier (5 goals) and (12 points).
- Sergio Pinto, with his assist on Sunday night took over the team lead in assists (4).
- Huppe is the only player to score multiple goals in a single game as he scored both of his goals against Campbell in the regular season.
- Eight other players have recorded one goal this season.
- Connor Behrend leads the Blue Hose in goal as he has played 1414:12 minutes in goal surrendering a 1.08 goals against average with a .770 save percentage and four shutouts.
- Vannier is currently ranked 10 in the Big South in total points this season (12) and total goals (5).
- Pinto is tied-10 in total assists this season (4).
- Behrend is ranked four in the Big South in goals against average (1.08), third in save percentage (.770) and fourth in shutouts (4).
Scouting the Highlanders:
- Radford enters this game with a 10-4-3 record overall, they finished the conference slate with a 5-1-2 record and the number two seed.
- The Highlanders have scored 38 goals on the season for a 2.24 goals per game.
- They have surrendered 19 goals or 1.12 goals per game.
- Kieran Roberts (15) and Sivert Daehlie (12) lead the Highlanders in goals and points. They each have 31 points.
- Daehlie, Victor Valls and Evan Szklennik all have seven assists to lead the Highlanders.
- Nicolas Mertzokat leads Radford in goal with 1608:14 minutes in goal, he has a 1.06 goals against average and .756 save percentage with five shutouts.
- Bryheem Hancock is the first year head coach of the Radford Highlanders.
- PC and Radford have gone to overtime when facing each other in three straight meetings.
- 2016 regular season Radford won 1-0 in OT, in the Big South Semifinals they tied 1-1 and Radford advanced in PK’s.
- In the 2017 regular season meeting the two teams also tied 1-1.
- Overall Radford leads the series 7-2-2.