Who: Presbyterian College Blue Hose (4-5-2, 2-1-1) vs. Liberty Flames (7-3-1, 3-1-0)
When: Friday, October 13 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Clinton, S.C. – Martin Stadium
Social Media: @bluehosesoccer
One Goal Games:
- The Blue Hose have played seven games this season decided by one goal or less, they are 2-3-2 in those games.
- They have currently played three straight games decided by one goal or less and have gone 1-1-1 in those games.
Blue Hose Team Notes:
- PC comes into this game with a winning conference record of 2-1-1.
- They have a 1.09 goals per game average and an even .100 shooting percentage.
- The Blue Hose hold the opposition to a .092 shooting percentage.
- Overall 12 individuals have recorded a point on the season and eight have scored a goal.
- Six of the eight to record a goal are freshmen as well as eight of the 12 to record a point.
- The Blue Hose are fifth in the Big South in goals per game (1.09).
- The Blue Hose are tied-second in goals allowed (13) and fifth in goals against average (1.14).
- PC is tied-third in shutouts (3).
Blue Hose Individual Notes:
- Sergio Pinto leads the way for the Blue Hose in points (7) and is tied for the team lead in goals (3).
- Clement Vannier is also tied for the team lead in goals (3).
- Connor Behrend leads the way in goal for the Blue Hose as he has played 850 minutes and has a .95 goals against average and a .812 save percentage.
- Pinto is ninth in the Big South in points (7), Vannier is tied-10 (6).
- Pinto is number ten in points per game (.70).
- Pinto and Vannier are tied-10 in goals (3).
- Behrend is second in goals against average (0.95), tied-first in save percentage (.812) and fifth in total saves (39) and saves per game (4.33).
Scouting the Flames:
- The Flames are off to a 7-3-1 record and 3-1-0 in Big South play.
- They have defeated Longwood (2-1) and UNC Asheville (4-0) in their most recent outings.
- The Flames have outscored the opposition 25-9 and have a .167 shooting percentage compared to the oppositions .067 shooting percentage.
- Tresor Mbuyu leads the way with nine goals and four assists for 22 points.
- James Knoebel leads the way in goal with 973:50 minutes played, he has a .83 goals against average and a .812 save percentage.
- Jeff Alder is the head coach of the Liberty Flames, he started in 2001.
The Blue Hose and Flames have met 10 times with Liberty having won nine. PC defeated Liberty 2-1 in the most recent meeting in the 2016 Big South Tournament.