Who: Presbyterian College (1-2-1) at UNCG (0-3-1)
When: Saturday, September 9 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: UNCG Soccer Stadium – Greensboro, N.C.
Watch: SoCon Digital Network
Social Media: @bluehosesoccer
- The Blue Hose battled the number 16/25 Duke Blue Devils to a 1-1 draw on Tuesday evening.
- In four games versus Duke that is the first win or tie against the Blue Devils.
- Freshman Mathias Mikalsen scored his first career goal on a PK to tie the score at 1-1 in the second half on Tuesday.
- With the goal Mikalsen became the fourth true freshman to score a goal on the season. Sergio Pinto is the only non-freshman to score in the first four games.
Behrend having great senior season:
- Senior goal keeper Connor Behrend had his best game of the season versus the Blue Devils on Tuesday night limiting Duke to one goal in 110 minutes played.
- He recorded a season high eight saves in the win.
- For the season he has a .727 save percentage as well as a 1.42 goals allowed average for the season.
- He now has a career 1.46 goals allowed average and 145 saves for a .767 save percentage.
Scouting the Spartans:
- The Spartans are 0-3-1 on the season coming into this game, they have lost three in a row.
- UNCG started the season with a 0-0 tie against UAB, they have since lost to High Point, Coastal Carolina and North Carolina.
- Coastal Carolina and North Carolina were both ranked top 20 at the time of the games.
- Justin Maullin is the head coach of the Spartans, he is in his eighth season.
- Sandro Bradara and Alex Henderson each have one goal on the season for UNCG.
- Jon Milligan has played all 380 minutes in goal and has a .739 save percentage.
- The Blue Hose and Spartans had never played prior to 2016. The Spartans won that game by a 3-2 score.