• Who: Presbyterian (20-19, 8-4 Big South) vs. High Point (20-16, 7-8 Big South)
• When: Friday – 3 p.m. | Saturday – 11 a.m. & 2 p.m.
• Where: PC Baseball Complex – Clinton, S.C.
• Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
• Live Video: Big South Network – Friday | Saturday - Game 1 | Game 2
• Social Media – @PresbyterianBSB (Twitter) | @BlueHoseSports (Twitter/Instagram)
• Admission is free
Series History (since 2008)
• Overall - HPU leads 10-8
• at PC - PC leads 4-2
• The Blue Hose enter the week atop the Big South standings with an 8-4 conference record, tied with Winthrop, who PC swept in a three-game two weeks ago.
• PC and High Point will meet for the first time since 2015 and go head-to-head for the first time in Clinton since 2013. PC swept the Panthers in that 2013 series at home.
• PC is second in the Big South in hits (344) and leads the league in sac bunts (35). The Blue Hose come in second in the league in ERA (4.46), fourth in opposing batting average (.262) and fourth in strikeouts (284).
• In conference action, PC leads the league with a 2.24 ERA and is second in opponent batting average with a .225 average.
• The Blue Hose rank 12th nationally in sac bunts.
Scouting High Point
• The Panthers enter the weekend with a 20-16 record overall, having won five of their last six, to go with a 7-8 Big South record.
• HPU is batting .261 with 31 home runs on the season. They are led by Black Schunk with a .398 average to go with 11 doubles, while Austen Zente paces the team with eight home runs and 28 RBIs.
• On the bump, the Panthers have compiled a 4.64 ERA as a team with opponents hitting .255 against them. Jeremy Johnson has a team-best 2.20 ERA, while Matt Hodges is 5-1 on the year with a 2.60 ERA, both out of the bullpen.
Players Rank in Big South and Nationally
• Brian Kehner leads the Big South in strikeout-to-walk ratio (7.43) and walks allowed per nine innings (0.99). He ranks 16th and 14th in the nation in two categories, respectively.
• Kehner and Hayden Deal have each totaled 52 strikeouts, good for third in the Big South.
• Kehner is also 10th in the Big South in ERA at 3.11
• Cletis Avery and Tyler Weyenberg are tied for third in the Big South in sac bunts with seven apiece.
• Avery is second in the conference in stolen bases (15) and ranks 30th nationally.
• Ryan Hedrick leads the Big South in saves (6) and ranks 51st nationally.
• Eric Miles leads the team with four wins this season, good for a tie for fifth in the Big South.
Casaceli Gets on Base
• Senior Glen Casaceli has reached base in each of his last 19 games dating to March 10 in the series opener against Auburn.
• The third baseman has collected a hit in 16 of the 19 games with at least one walk in the remaining three games.
• The righty moved in to the leadoff spot on April 4, where he has remained since, going 12-for-36 (.333) with five runs, three RBIs and six walks for a .436 on-base percentage.
• Casaceli recorded nine-game hitting streak from March 19 to April 7. He has since recorded a hit in each of his last six games, after a hitless game on April 8 that ended the previous streak.
• Since the reach base streak started, Casaceli has improved his average from .190 to .295.
Kehner Showing Strong Stuff
• Senior left-handed pitcher Brian Kehner went 25.0 straight innings without allowing earned run before surrendering an earned run in the fifth inning against Radford on March 31.
• He earned his first career shutout in his first 9.0 inning complete game vs. Army on March 17, allowing just two hits in a 9-0 victory with eight strikeouts against one walk.
• The senior captain then worked 7.0 scoreless innings of five-hit ball with eight Ks vs. UNC Asheville on March 24.
• He tossed 7.0 scoreless at Winthrop on April 7, allowing five hits with four strikeouts against two walks.
• Over his last five starts, Kehner is 3-1 with a 1.16 ERA, allowing just five earned runs in 38.2 innings pitched with 29 strikeouts against four walks.
• The lefty leads the Big South in innings pitched in conference games (29.2), while ranking sixth with a 1.52 ERA in Big South action.
Weekend Starters Strong in Big South Play
• In its four Big South series, PC starters have compiled a 1.91 ERA, allowing 18 earned runs in 84.2 innings of work.
• Brian Kehner, Tanner Chock and Hayden Deal have combined to record 74 strikeouts against 24 walks, while holding opposing hitters to a .228 average during the 12 games.
• Kehner has tossed 7.0 scoreless innings on two occassions during conference play, doing so against UNC Asheville and Winthrop.
• Chock worked a complete game against Radford on April 1, allowing just one run on five hits with a career-high 12 strikeouts.
• Deal then worked his first career complete game against Winthrop on April 9, allowing just one run on one hit with seven strikeouts against one walk.
Close Games the Norm
• PC has played 16 one-run games with eight others decided by three runs or less.
• The Blue Hose are 9-7 in one-run games with a 13-11 record in all games decided three runs or less
• Eight of PC’s 12 Big South games to date have been decided by three runs or less, including all three games against Radford.
Priaulx Still Swinging It
• AJ Priaulx continues to lead the team at the plate this season, compiling a .323 batting average and a .492 slugging percentage, both tops on the squad. He is also tied for the team lead in home runs (3) and is second in RBIs (24).
• The junior has had hitting streaks of 10 games and seven games this season, two of the longest on the team this season.
• The lefty has paced the team with 12 multi-hit games, while tying for second with six multi-RBI games.