• Who: Presbyterian (9-9) vs. Georgia (7-9)
• When: Wednesday – 4 p.m.
• Where: Foley Field – Athens, Ga.
• Live Video: SEC Network+ (Matt Stewart, Jason Jacobs)
• Live Audio: Sunny 103.5 (Ryan Clary)
• Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
• Social Media – @PresbyterianBSB (Twitter) | @BlueHoseSports (Twitter/Instagram)
Series History (since 2008)
• Overall - UGA leads 9-0
• Wed - RHP Eric Miles (PC) vs. TBA (UGA)
• PC has played nine one-run games on the season with 12 games total decided by three runs or less.
• The Blue Hose swept its two midweek games last week with wins over Butler and NC Central, winning a pair of close games by a combined three runs. PC is 4-2 in midweek action so far this season.
• PC earned its fifth win over an SEC opponent on Friday at Auburn and its second of the season. The Blue Hose will go for the third on Wednesday against the Bulldogs.
• The Bulldogs sit at 7-9 on the year, after taking two of three against Rider last weekend. They will face Mercer on Tuesday evening before taking on the Blue Hose.
• As a team, the Bulldogs are batting at .253 with 35 extra-base hits, including 14 home runs. Austin Biggar leads the team with a .317 average, while Michael Curry leads with four home runs and 17 RBIs.
• The Georgia pitching staff has compiled a 4.58 ERA and holding hitters to a .253 average on the season.
Close Games the Norm
• PC has already played nine one-run games with three others decided by three runs in its 18 games on the season. The Blue Hose are 6-3 in one-run games wiith an 8-4 record in games decided three runs or less.
• In the one-run games, the Blue Hose have totaled a .276 batting aveage with 26 extra-base hits in those games along with a 4.26 ERA.
• The bullpen has been one key for PC in one-run games, going 3-1 with a 2.49 ERA, allowing seven earned runs in 25.1 innings pitched in the close ones.
Priaulx on 10-Game Hitting Streak
• AJ Priaulx is off to a hot start this season, leading the team with a .410 average, 13 RBIs and a .607 slugging percentage.
• Priaulx has a hit in each of his last 10 games, including six multi-hit games. He has driven in or scored at least one run eight of the 10 games, including three multi-RBI games.
• During the stretch, the lefty has four doubles, a triple and a home run. In his five games last week, Priaulx raised his average from .366 to .410 on the year.
• Priaulx currently is tied for the Big South lead in hits with 25. He also ranks in the top 10 in the Big South in RBIs (13), total bases (37), on-base percentage (.463) and slugging percentage (.607).
Guimbarda Named Big South Player of the Week
• Nick Guimbarda was named Big South Player of the Week by the league on Monday. The Blue Hose outfielder went 9-for-18 (.500) with four doubles, three runs and seven RBIs.
• The lefty outfielder has started all but one game for PC, batting .356 with a team-high seven doubles and 12 RBIs. The seven doubles ranks second in the Big South.
• Guimbarda has drawn a seven walks, leading to a .418 on-base percentage, second-best on the squad and 10th in the conference.
• He also has stolen four bases and recorded four sac bunts.
Offense Well Balanced
• So far this season, the PC offense has proved well balanced. AJ Priaulx leads the team with 25 hits, while Nick Guimbarda is tied for second with 21.
• Much is also the case in the run and RBI categories. Tyler Weyenberg and Nick Wise have scored 13 times with Priaulx touching home 10 times. Priaulx and Guimbarda lead the team with 13 and 12 RBIs, respectively, while Brett Auckland has eight RBIs.
• The team is batting .267 through 18 games with 32 doubles and five home runs, to go with 15 stolen bases and 16 sacrifice bunts.
• Freshman Eric Miles has found success early in his college career, starting the year 3-0 with a 3.00 ERA through three starts.
• The righty gutted his way through 6.0 innings against NC Central on Wednesday in order to pick his third win of the year in as many starts. He went 6.0 innings and allowed four runs (three earned) on seven hits with three strikeouts against a lone walk.
• In second career start, the rookie allowed just two runs on five hits with a pair of strikeouts against a pair of walks in 7.0 innings of work against NC A&T. He continued to throw strikes, totaling 66 out of the 90 pitches that he threw. Only one Aggie managed to reach second base after the first inning, in which they scored both of their two runs.
• Miles went 5.0 innings against Wofford in his first career start, allowing one run on three hits with four strikeouts against four walks. He earned the victory in his first collegiate outing, as PC scored five runs in the first inning.
Auckland Gets Hot at Auburn
• Senior Brett Auckland recorded a big series at Auburn, going 5-for-9 (.556) with three RBIs and three walks.
• The lefty went 4-for-5 on Friday with three RBIs as PC rallied for the 11-8 win over the Tigers. Two of his four hits came in the ninth inning, as PC batted around in its final at-bat.
• He then singled in his first at-bat on Saturday, as he went 1-for-2 with a pair of walks, including an intentional walk.