Kennesaw, Ga. – The Presbyterian College baseball team was unable to slow down the Kennesaw State offense as the hosts picked up a 13-5 victory on Tuesday night at Stillwell Stadium.
Final Score: Kennesaw State 13, Presbyterian 5
Location: Kennesaw, Ga. (Stillwell Stadium)
Records: Presbyterian (6-10) | Kennesaw State (7-9)
WP: Brendan Bickleman (1-0) | LP: Clark Dearman (1-1)
- Nick Guimbarda led the offense with a pair of hits including a home run and a triple as he also drove in a pair of runs.
- Jimmy Marcelli added a pair of hits for his team-high eighth multiple hit game of the season.
- Johnny Cook picked up a pair of RBIs for his first career multi RBI contest.
- With his third inning home run, Guimbarda moved into a tie for 10th in the Blue Hose D1 record book for career homers with 13.
- Graham Mitchell reached base safely for in his eighth consecutive game on Tuesday as he drew a hit by pitch. Mitchell’s eight game reached base streak is a team-high.
- Luke Matthews made his first collegiate start on Tuesday as he manned shortstop for the Blue Hose.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kennesaw State opened the scoring in the second with a pair of runs of off an RBI double and RBI single to take a 2-0 lead.
- PC responded in the next half inning as Guimbarda took a ball over the right field fence to tie the game at two.
- The Owls retook the lead in the bottom of third with an RBI double followed up by a two-run homer to take the 5-2 lead.
- Presbyterian cut back into the hosts lead with a sacrifice fly from Andrew Livingston followed by Cook reaching on an Owl throwing error which allowed Zacchaeus Rasberry to scamper home and make it 5-4 KSU.
- KSU pushed across three runs in the fourth that was started with an RBI groundout. The hosts added an RBI double followed up by an RBI single to take the 8-4 lead.
- The hosts extended their lead to 10-4 with a pair of runs in the fifth off of a sacrifice fly and a Blue Hose fielding error.
- PC picked up a run in the sixth on an RBI groundout from Cook to make it 10-5 KSU.
- Kennesaw State added a pair of runs in its half of the sixth on a sacrifice fly and an RBI single to make it 12-5.
- KSU added a run on an RBI single in the seventh to make it 13-5.
- The Blue Hose and Owls meet once again tomorrow at Stillwell Stadium for a 5 p.m. first pitch here at Kennesaw State.