Clinton, S.C. – The Presbyterian College women’s basketball team plays host to the Longwood Lancers on Saturday afternoon at 2:00 p.m. Along with the men’s game taking place at 4:00 p.m. or 45 minutes after the conclusion of the women’s game the day is serving as Letter Winner’s Day as a number of alumni will be returning.
Who: Presbyterian (8-14, 5-6 BSC) vs Longwood (3-19, 1-10 BSC)
When: Saturday, February 10 – 2:00 p.m.
Where: Clinton, S.C. – Templeton Center (2,500)
Watch: Big South Network
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB
Last Time Out
- Presbyterian is coming off a 64-58 win over Winthrop on Tuesday night. The Blue Hose made 13-38 from three in the win.
- This was the seventh time this season the Blue Hose made at least 12 threes in a game.
- PC won its first game this season when scoring less than 65 points.
- Kennedy tallied a career high nine rebounds and finished one shy of a double-double, Storey also finished with seven assists.
- In two games vs Winthrop Storey averaged 10.5 points, 10.5 assists and four steals per game.
Blue Hose Offensive Notes
- PC is averaging 60.3 points per game this season on 37.3 percent shooting from the field, 32.3 percent from three and a Big South leading 75.5 percent from the charity stripe. The Blue Hose are 7-0 this season when scoring at least 65 points.
- Presbyterian scored 75+ points in back to back games vs Winthrop and UNC Asheville. This was the first time scoring 75+ in consecutive games against Division I opposition in the Division I era. It had previously scored 75+ in back to back games vs Columbia College and Montreat in the 2011-12 season.
- PC made 10+ three-pointers in five straight games from the Gardner-Webb game (1/16) through the Charleston Southern game (1/30), that is a PC Division I era record. With 13 made threes on Tuesday it has now made 10+ threes in six of the last seven games.
- The Blue Hose average a Big South leading 9.3 three-point makes per game, that ranks number 14 in the country.
- 22 games into the season and the Blue Hose have already made 205 three-point baskets which ranks as the third most in a single season in the Division I era, the Blue Hose still have a minimum of eight games to play. They are on pace to make 280 three-pointers which would break the record of 230 set last season.
- The 32.3 percent from three is the second highest rate in program history. The record of 38.0 percent was done in 2012-13, a season they only shot 366 threes compared to already having taken 634 threes this season.
- The Blue Hose rank in the top 50 nationally in two categories, three-point makes per game (9.3) is number 14 and free throw percentage (75.5) is number 35.
- The Blue Hose have improved in free throw percentage each of the last four seasons, 68.2 in ‘14-15, 72.7 in ‘15-16, 74.9 in ‘16-17 and 75.5 this season.
- PC has overcome 10-plus point deficits to win four of its eight games. It was down 14 in the win over Furman, down 11 in the comeback vs Campbell and down 15 on two occasions in the first half at UNC Asheville and most recently down in 14 in the first half at Winthrop.
- When PC scored 83 points at USC Upstate it tied the ninth most points in a single game with the 83 scored vs Truett-McConnell on 12/16/13.
- The Blue Hose set a program record for three-point percentage when they made 61.1 percent of their three-pointers (11-18) versus Upstate (11/15).
- The Blue Hose set a new record for made free throws in a game when they went 30-34 vs North Carolina Central.
- Storey set a PC Division I record vs Winthrop (1/23) when she recorded 14 assists, this is the most assists by anyone in the Big South this season. It is also tied-seventh most in a single game this season nationally.
- Storey set a PC individual record for made free throws with 17 vs NC Central, the previous record had been 11. The 17 free throws made is tied-seventh nationally in made free throw in a game this season. She also tied her personal high and school record with 27 points at USC Upstate.
- Versus Gardner-Webb (1/16), at UNC Asheville (1/27) and vs Charleston Southern (1/30) Storey came within one assist of her second career double-double as she finished with 10 points and nine assists vs GWU, 19 points and nine assists at Asheville and 12 points, nine assists vs Charleston Southern. Her first double-double was at UNCG in 2016-17 when she scored 19 points and 10 assists.
- Hall scored 23 points on 9-15 shooting and 4-7 from three vs Campbell (1/13). The nine made field goals were a career high. She followed that up with 20 points vs Gardner-Webb (1/16) on five made threes.
- Ericka Blackwell-Boyden scored a career high 15 points versus UNCG (12/21) on 70.0 percent shooting from the field.
- Janie Miles had the best stretch of her career as she averaged 14.7 points per game over six games from GWU (1/16) through the Liberty game (2/3). Six straight double figure games is a personal record. She surpassed the 1,000-point mark at Liberty.
- Riley Hemm in her first career start scored 12 points with five rebounds and two assists versus NC Central (12/17) all three figures are career highs.
- Virola had her best game of the season versus Winthrop as she was two rebounds shy of a double-double with 13 points and eight rebounds. This was her first double figure effort of the season. She made her first start of the season at UNC Asheville and scored eight points with four rebounds in 18 minutes.
- Freshmen have recorded 11 double figure efforts this season. Macee Tamminen has the most with four followed by Tess Santos with three and Kennedy with two. Briley Buckner and Kiara Jackson each have one game with 10+ points.
- Tamminen’s best game was a career high 18 points and three steals vs Gardner-Webb (1/16).
- Santos has the highest scoring game by a freshman with 19 points vs Liberty (1/2).
- Kennedy’s best game scoring wise was 13 vs Kennesaw State (11/21) but then had 10 points and nine rebounds at Winthrop (2/6).
- Buckner scored 11 points at Duke (11/26) and Jackson scored 10 at High Point (1/9).
1,000 Point Scorers
- Storey with 1,198 points became the third member of the PC Division I era to score 1,000 points and member number 111 from the Big South. She is now 95 points shy of Mariah Pietrowski’s 1,293 points which is the Division I era PC record. Miles surpassed the 1,000-point mark at Liberty with her 13 points. Following the Winthrop game, she now sits at 1,016 points which is the fourth most in PC’s Division I era.
Storey Setting Records
- Storey is averaging career highs in points with 14.7, assists at 6.3, field goal percentage at 45.5, free throw percentage at 84.2 and in minutes per game at 38.4. Her 6.3 assists per game is No. 20 nationally and 38.4 minutes is eighth nationally.
- 7 points per game ranks as the best in PC Division I history, 6.3 assists per game is the best in PC history, 138 assists already ranks as the most for a single season. She also averages 2.0 steals per game which is tied-fourth best average in a season.
- All four of Storey’s assist totals will rank in the top 10 in PC Division I history. 138 this season is the best total in the Division I era, 137 in 2016-17 is now second and 126 in 2015-16 is third. 83 in her freshman season is the seventh best.
- Storey has 1,198 points which is in second place. Her 405 made field goals are the second most behind Mariah Pietrowski’s 506. She is already first with 1,021 career shot attempts.
- Storey now has 484 career assists, 154 more than Dria David who is second. Her 4.2 career assists per game average is 0.8 more than the second place Amy Jones who averaged 3.4 over the course of 26 games at the Division I level. She is now third in all-time PC history, 34 shy of Barbara Frady’s 518 which is second.
- She is second in career steals at the Division I level with 206, 17 behind David’s 223. She is now seventh in all-time PC history. Storey is the first player in PC history to record 1,000 points, 400 assists and 200 steals over the course of a career.
Miles Having Career Year
- Miles is having her best season statistically in a number of categories: scoring (10.4), three-point field goal percentage (40.0), free throw percentage (75.0), rebounding (4.0), assists per game (2.5) and minutes per game (31.4).
- Miles surpassed the 1,000-point mark at Liberty on 2/3 she also has 198 career assists. Once she reaches 200 career assists she will be one of only two players in the Division I era to record 1,000 points and 200 assists along with her teammate, Storey.
- Miles currently has the seventh best three-point field goal percentage in a season at 40.0 (50-125).
- For her career she ranks in the top 10 of PC Division I history in a number of categories: Points (1,016) is currently fourth, points per game (8.8) is eighth, fourth in made field goals (336), second in made three-pointers (181), tied-third in three-point percentage (36.2), fifth in made free throws (163), fourth in assists (198) and fourth in steals (127).
Storey Named Preseason All-Conference
- Senior PG Storey has been named to 2017-18 Big South Preseason All-Conference team. She was the 2014-15 Freshman of the Year, 2015-16 Big South Honorable Mention and 2016-17 Big South Second Team honoree.
- Storey is the first preseason honoree since Karlee Taylor in 2013-14.
Blue Hose Go for 10+ Again
- PC enters this season with three straight 10+ win Big South campaigns. The Blue Hose have achieved that feat four of the last five seasons overall.
- Overall they have won 10+ conference games in 13 of the last 30 seasons with nine coming as members of the South Atlantic Conference and four in the Big South.
Scouting the Lancers
- The Lancers are 3-19 overall and 1-10 in the Big South and have lost nine straight overall.
- Longwood scores 53.7 points per game and allows 68.8 per game. It shoots 32.4 percent from the field and 27.4 percent from three-point range.
- LWU grabs 35.4 rebounds, 9.4 assists and 7.6 steals per game this season.
- Autumn Childress is the leading scorer for Longwood at 10.2 points, Kristina Antonenko at 8.3 points and Micaela Ellis scores 8.2 points both score over eight points per game.
- Ellis leads the team in both assists with 69 and steals at 37.
- Bill Reinson is the head coach of the Longwood Lancers women’s basketball team.
Blue Hose vs the Lancers
- PC and Longwood have met 16 times with PC owning the 10-6 advantage all-time.
- In the most recent meeting Longwood snapped the Blue Hose’s eight game win streak in the series with the 66-56 win in Farmville, Va. on January 6.
- Hall led the Blue Hose with 19 points and four steals in the first contest between the two teams. Tamminen was second with 11 points followed by Miles at 10.