Clinton, S.C. – The Blue Hose women’s basketball team travels to take on the first place High Point Panthers on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m. in the Millis Center.
Who: Presbyterian College (3-10, 0-2) at High Point (8-5, 2-0)
When: Tuesday, January 9 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: High Point, N.C. – Millis Center (1,750)
Watch: Big South Network
Social Media: @BlueHoseWBB
Storey Named Preseason All-Conference
- Senior PG Cortney Storey has been named to 2017-18 Big South Preseason All-Conference team. She was the 2014-15 Freshman of the Year, 2015-16 Big South Honorable Mention and 2016-17 Big South Second Team honoree.
- Storey is the first preseason honoree since Karlee Taylor in 2013-14.
1,000 Point Scorers
- Storey surpassed the 1,000-point mark in the NC Central game when she scored on a fast break lay-up. She became the third member of the Division I era of PC basketball to reach 1,000 points and number 111 in Big South history including the fourth to do it this season. She currently sits at 1,077 points following the Longwood game.
- Janie Miles is next in line for the Blue Hose as she now has 908 points following her 10 points against Longwood. If she keeps up her 9.3 points per game pace she should reach 1,000 points around mid-February becoming the fourth member of the PC Division I 1,000-point club.
- Currently five Big South players have reached 1,000 points this season, including Storey and five more are within range of reaching that milestone this season, including Miles.
Blue Hose Go for 10+ Again
- PC enters this season with three straight 10+ win Big South campaigns. The Blue Hose have achieved that feat four of the last five seasons overall.
- Overall they have won 10+ conference games in 13 of the last 30 seasons with nine coming as members of the South Atlantic Conference and four in the Big South.
Storey Setting Records
- Storey is currently on pace to set a number of season records at PC. Her 15.5 points per game sits at 2.8 more points per game than her own record of 12.7 that she set in 2016-17. She is also averaging 5.3 assists per game, that is 0.9 assists higher than her record 4.4 set in 2016-17. And she is also averaging 38.8 minutes per game, 1.9 per game more than Katlin Moore’s record of 36.9 set in 2008-09.
- Storey has already tied her record of five 20-point efforts in the first 12 games of the season. She already owns the career 20-point efforts record with 11, 10 in the last two seasons.
- 5 points per game ranks third in the Big South this season and 5.3 assists leads the Big South by 0.6 per game. 1.5 steals per game also ranks eighth in the Big South.
Miles Having Career Year
- Miles is having her best season of her career average wise in points at 9.3, three-point shooting, 41.8 percent, free-throw shooting, 77.3 percent and assists at 2.2
- She needs just 92 points to become the fourth member of PC’s Division I era 1,000-point club.
Blue Hose Offensive Notes
- PC is averaging 57.4 points per game on 37.0 percent shooting including 32.5 percent from three. The Blue Hose also average 12.4 assists and 7.8 steals per game this season. PC leads the Big South in free throw percentage at they make them at a 76.4 percent clip. That percentage would be a PC single season record.
- PC has made 109 three-points baskets, an average of 8.4 per game which is tops in the Big South and the highest per game average in PC history. PC’s 32.5 percent mark from three is the second highest in the Division I era as it made 38.0 percent in 2012-13, however in 2012-13 the Blue Hose only shot 366 three-pointers the entire season, they have already shot 335 in the first 13 games this season.
- Over the last three games the Blue Hose have made 38 three-point baskets, the most ever in the Division I era over a three game stretch. They have made at least 10 three-pointers in all three games.
- When the Blue Hose scored 83 points at USC Upstate it was the most points they had scored since scoring 83 in a game vs Truett-McConnel on December 16, 2012.
- The Blue Hose set a program record in the NC Central game as they made 30 free throws on just 34 attempts breaking the previous record of 26 set against High Point on Feb. 23, 2013.
- In the Blue Hose final non-conference match-up they stormed back from four different 14-point deficits to defeat Furman 76-75. Storey scored 24 and Macee Tamminen scored 15 on five made three-pointers to help propel the Blue Hose past the Paladins in OT. It was the first win for PC over Furman since 1982.
- Storey would set a PC record when she made 17 free throws in her 26-point effort against NC Central.
- The freshmen have played huge rolls in the Blue Hose success this season beginning with Mattie Kennedy who scored 13 points on three made three-pointers vs Kennesaw State. Briley Buckner was next as she led the team vs Duke with 11 points. In PC’s comeback win over Furman Tamminen had a huge performance with 15 points on five made threes and then Tess Santos in her third career start would score a game high 19 points without missing a single shot as she went 5-5 from the field, 3-3 from three and 6-6 from the line against Liberty.
- Redshirt-Sophomore Ericka Blackwell-Boyden had her biggest game against UNCG as she scored a career high 15.
- Kacie Hall scored a career high 19 points on Saturday breaking her previous record of 15 against USC Upstate.
Scouting the Panthers
- The Panthers have won four games in a row and are 8-5 overall and 2-0 in the Big South. Three of the four wins have been by single digits.
- High Point scores 71.3 points per game while surrendering 68.8 points per game this season. They shoot 41.6 percent from the field including 40.3 percent from three. HPU’s opposition also shoots 41.3 percent from the field but it does hold the opposition to only 27.2 percent from three.
- The Panthers average 37.8 rebounds per game to go with 14.4 assists, 8.8 steals and 2.5 blocks per game.
- High Point has three individuals averaging in double figures this season led by Kat Harris at 14.0 all off the bench, Camryn Brown scores 12.7. Big South Preseason Player of the Year Emma Bockrath averages 12.0 points a game.
- Kennedy Currie leads the Panthers with 7.4 rebounds and Bockrath is second at 7.1, Brown and Kayla Stephens both average over 4.0 assists per game this season.
- The Panthers are led by sixth year head coach DeUnna Hendrix who comes into the 2017-18 season with an 86-70 career record at HPU.
Blue Hose Versus Panthers
- PC and High Point have met 21 times with High Point having won 16. The Blue Hose won the most recent meeting 55-48 to advance to the Big South Semifinals in last season’s Big South Tournament.
- Storey led the Blue Hose with 15 points and four assists in this game. just 92 points to become the fourth member of PC’s Division I era 1,000-point club.