Who: Presbyterian College (3-5-2, 1-1-1) at Longwood Lancers (0-9-1, 0-2-0)
When: Saturday, October 7 – 3:00 p.m.
Where: Farmville, Va. – Elizabeth Burger Jackson Field
Live Stats: http://www.sidearmstats.com/longwood/msoc/
Social Media: @bluehosesoccer
Blue Hose, Road Warriors?:
- PC is 2-2-1 on the road this season and will look to climb above .500 with a win on Saturday.
- The Blue Hose have tied top 25 Duke while posting shutouts of UNCG and Winthrop all on the road.
- While .500 record wise, the road score is also tied 5-5 in the five road games.
Pinto Climbing the Record Books:
- In less than two seasons played sophomore forward Sergio Pinto already finds himself in the top five of the Blue Hose Division I record book in key categories.
- He has seven career goals which is tied with Michael Czulinski for the fifth most goals scored at PC since 2007.
- He also has four assists which gives him 18 career points and ties him with Cade Crow for the fifth most career points since 2007.
Behrend in the Books:
- Connor Behrend is first or second in four categories in the Division I era for the Blue Hose.
- Behrend has the most career wins (10) and best career goals against average (1.37).
- He places second in career save percentage (.779) and total saves (166).
Blue Hose Team Notes:
- The Blue Hose average 1.10 goals per game and have a .107 shot percentage on the season.
- They hold the opposition to a .094 shot percentage.
- 11 individuals have recorded a point this season, seven have scored a goal.
- Presbyterian College ranks fifth in the Big South in goals per game (1.10).
- PC is fifth in the Big South in goals against average (1.24).
- The Blue Hose are third in the Big South in total saves (48) and saves per game (4.8).
- PC is tied-30 nationally in saves per game (4.8) and ranked 40 nationally in save percentage (.787).
Blue Hose Individual Notes:
- Pinto leads the team in points with seven (3 goals, 1 assist).
- Freshman Clement Vannier is tied with Pinto in goals scored with three.
- Behrend is the leader in goal as he has played 760 minutes in goal, allowing nine goals for a 1.07 goals against average along with 37 saves and a .804 save percentage.
- He has posted a 3-3-2 record on the season.
- Pinto ranks ninth in the Big South in points this season with seven, and tenth in points per game (0.7).
- Vannier and Pinto are both tied-ninth in total goals (3).
- Behrend is third in the Big South in goals against average (1.07) and is tied-first in save percentage (.804).
Scouting the Lancers:
- The Lancers are 0-9-1 on the season and 0-2-0 in the Big South. They have lost nine straight contests since tying VMI in the season opener.
- Longwood has been shutout in seven of its 10 games.
- The Lancers have scored four goals on 91 shots for a .040 shot percentage this season.
- Four different players have been responsible for the four goals.
- Max Poelker and Marten Pajunurm lead the way in points with three.
- Lance De Silva has played 931:29 minutes in goal and has a 1.64 goals against average.
The Blue Hose and Lancers will meet for the eighth time in the series history. Longwood has won four of the seven matches. Presbyterian defeated Longwood 2-0 in the meeting in 2016.