Who: USC Upstate (2-4) at Presbyterian College (2-3)
When: Tuesday, September 12 – 7:00 p.m.
Where: Martin Stadium – Clinton, S.C.
Social Media: @PCWSoccer
- Six of the Blue Hose eight goals this season have been by freshmen.
- Peyton Patterson scored her team leading second goal of the season in the Blue Hose loss at Alabama State. She leads the way with four points.
- Five freshman have started all five games this season. Two more have made at least one start.
Blue Hose Leaders:
- Patterson leads the way in points with four (two goals).
- Alyssa Leaman leads the way having started all five contest. She has played 415:31 minutes in goal and has a 2.82 goals against average. Leaman has recorded 32 saves and has a .711 save percentage.
Scouting the Spartans:
- The Spartans are 2-4 on the season so far. They have defeated Alabama A&M and Hampton while falling to Furman, Radford, Wofford and Winthrop. The Spartans are 1-3 in matches decided by one goal.
- Abbie Ellis leads the way for the Spartans as she has five points on the season (two goals, one assist) and Emma Honis has also scored two goals for four points.
- Jada Kinlaw leads the team with three assists on the season.
- Brooke Bailey leads the Spartans in goal as she has started all six games and played all 540 minutes. She has allowed 16 goals while recording 19 saves, a .543 save percentage.
- Tyson John is the second year head coach of the Spartans. In seven seasons as an NAIA head coach he posted a record of 96-29-7 record with all 29 losses coming against teams ranked in the NAIA top 25.
- The Blue Hose and Spartans have played 10 times with PC owning a 9-1-0 record all-time.
- PC and Upstate have played six years in a row and the Blue Hose own a four game win streak in the series.